delema here= original x or refurb x?

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i have a delima i have a droid x i got it a months ago everything works great except for the reboot about once a day so i brought it to a verizon store they said there going to send me a new one little did i know it was going to be a refurb one it seems to work fine the refurb one but the thing that scared me it that its refurbished not brand new like my other one should i wait for the reboot fix and keep my orignal phone or keep the refurb phone?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a stickler for keeping the original - I still have the Original Droid I bought last November and a refurb just wouldn't feel the same to me - I am wondering why you have these random reboots, do you have a task killer installed, has it always done this or did it just start recently ?

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i agree with you on the original i keep my phones mint not a scratch on it no task killers or anything i have a few aps i tried the hard reset a few times works for a few days then does the reboot every now and then i just dont trust the refurb phone i only had the original one for a few months

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you had the random reboot issue from day one ?

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
is there anyway u can tell if its a refurb or not??

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
is there anyway u can tell if its a refurb or not??no since i did the update 2.2

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have read of ways to tell if it's a refurb but have never had one so I didn't hold that information in memory - it has something to do with the sticker under the battery

barski

Reaction score
I recieved my Certified like new replacement yesterday. It did look like new but as i looked closer the screen was scratched. The bottom soft keys didn't light up either. So im getting another today. I have more original right now, but the main mic died.

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
Its going back I found a dead pixel in it other than that it seemed to be fine

pudco

Reaction score
I have a refurb one. I actually bought it that way since it was $50 cheaper. I've had Verizon's refurbished phones before when I would file an insurance claim on one and I've never had a problem, so I figured why not. My phone arrived basically in perfect condition, looked brand new, everything worked flawlessly. I really only have one issue with it but it's a software issue and I've read a lot of other people have the same problem. The camera, with Froyo, the camera application crashes and will not load again until I restart the phone. It's a huge annoyance since I use my camera a lot, so i'm hoping when 2.3 comes out they fix that.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on a "certified like new" Droid X. It works great. It's been a couple months now.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

OP
B

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
well i called verizon told then them i guess im certified for a like new replacement for 2 years so im going to stick with my ORIGINAL one everything works perfect on it except the reboot issue hopefully the update will fix that issue ..i did notice on the replacement one it had a few dead pixels on the screen

barski

Reaction score
Got my second certified like new replacement in yesterday. It works great, and looks like new. Allready have it all customized to my liking.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

zodder

Reaction score
I have a refurb replacement as well and I can't tell the difference. One good thing about the refurb is it OCs much much better than my original did.