Delays, screens closing

Jul

Reaction score
I have a few issues currently...

1. My text message screens are still delayed. When I hit to open it, the #s will come up and it'll take a second for the names to appear in their place. It also takes a few for each text to open up. Sometimes the screen will go to all black for a min before the text opens. I had this problem once before and they told me to reset the phone to how it was when I first got it... said it was some of the apps I installed.. and that helped for a bit. Right now, I only have 1 app that I've installed that didn't come with the phone.

2. When I open my email or my texts, the screen will sometimes close while I am in the middle of a text or reading an email...and it'll go back to the main screen. It also will go to a weird screen that's partially the main text window, but doesn't bring up the texts, if that makes sense.

3. I'm also getting texts multiple times.. receiving the same ones over and over...
I hope someone can help with these problems!

barski

Reaction score
I believe handcent app works well from what i've been told. I have no problems with my Texting. I know this might be getting pretty old but try a Factory Reset, it seems to fix some problems with 2.2

OP
J

Jul

Reaction score
Wow, I downloaded that app and I can see a difference in my texts already. We'll see if it lasts. Thanks! :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for Handcent - it is highly customizable and reliable

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

tracylfarr

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue and I use handset. The screen freezes and goes back to the main screen when I viewing pictures in my gallery or my emails. I can't even view all my pictures anymore. I try to go through them and it just closes on me. Any suggestions??

From Tracy, sent from my Droid X

OP
J

Jul

Reaction score
There's 5 of them... do I need to download a specific one or all of them? After I sent the message this morning that it was working better, it returned to its old self. :(

tracylfarr

Reaction score
Handsent has font packages. Is that what your seeing? You just need the main one, but you said its still not working even with Handsent. I am having the same issue with no response on how to fix it. Hope we find out soon!

From Tracy, sent from my Droid X

OP
J

Jul

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I ended up downloading 2 actually. Now it seems to go in and out of working fine and not working fine.. I was going to take it to the store today, but then it started working okay.