delay in voicemail on google voice

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Just want to report the same problem here. My fiancee left a voice mail at 5:30pm yesterday, and I didnt even get a notification until I opened up GV this morning. I have all notifications on, and the smallest refresh interval I can select.

What is more troubling is that I missed a call 3 days ago, and just got a notification...from verizon voicemail.

Something seems to be pretty screwy, i may dump GV for my voicemail duties, its just not reliable for me

Shooshi

Reaction score
Definitely have a similar problem too. My voicemails get notified by my phone about 10-12 minutes later after I have left a message. When I open GV and hit refresh it shows up right away. I set the interval to 5 minutes but that didn't seem to help...

rocketman45

Reaction score
I don't have Google Voice but last week I had one Visual Voicemail that I did not receive notification for until 4 days after caller left it. The caller left the message Tuesday and I got the notification on Saturday.

J

Johnly

believe it or not, I have had the same problem with verizon's visual voicemail app. huh?

toddegreene

Reaction score
Today was the first time I've had this problem in months. Got a call at 10am and the vm at 3:30.

**Edit** Using version 0.3.2

Last edited:

Fraxinus

Reaction score
GV has an update now that allows push notifications direct to the GV app. If you aren't on 0.3.2 do an update. I used to have intermittent issues with GV taking a long time to send notifications. Now that I have push notifications I disabled the email alerts and it works perfectly.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with it taking 10 minutes just for the voice mails to be accessible in your mailbox? Forget about the notifications, I can leave a test message in my mailbox and call back and it says I have no messages. It doesn't show up through the web interface either. Then after about 10 minutes it finally shows up. This has nothing to do with the app or notifications, it's a problem with the voice mail itself.

Actually, the problem I have noticed lately is that the Voicemail shows up (relatively) quickly, but transcribing doesn't show up until much later (if at all). Obviously, there are some bugs that still need to be worked out.

wernst

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with it taking 10 minutes just for the voice mails to be accessible in your mailbox? Forget about the notifications, I can leave a test message in my mailbox and call back and it says I have no messages. It doesn't show up through the web interface either. Then after about 10 minutes it finally shows up. This has nothing to do with the app or notifications, it's a problem with the voice mail itself.

Actually, the problem I have noticed lately is that the Voicemail shows up (relatively) quickly, but transcribing doesn't show up until much later (if at all). Obviously, there are some bugs that still need to be worked out.

Yeah, this is what I get too. Oddly, the transcription appears in my Gmail account virtually instantly. So basically I'm using two apps here: Google Voice to listen to the message immediately if necessary, and Gmail to read the transcription immediately. Or I can wait and the transcription usually makes it way to the Google Voice app.

Frustrating as heck.

-Warr

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Refresh seems to work for me if the transcript doesn't appear in a timely fashion.

Brokk

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue where it takes generally over 3 hours to get a VM from google voice. I'm on version 0.4.2.32

I've even noticed I missed a call, called the person back and they tell me they left a message. Yet looking all around on my phone I find nothing. Then three hours later I get the message, like it's brand new. Twice I've gotten messages and both times it happened that way.

On the web page for google voice, I see it has a place to email the script, but it won't let me add different email (keeps saying the other emails are associated with something else already), and I don't see a place to specify to text me when there is a new VM. What am I missing?

This is too unreliable as it is. If I can't get this straightened out I'll have to find a different way to manage my voice mails.

Brokk...