Delay in receiving email - HELP!

girlred2

Reaction score
Loved the Droid so much I bought one for my boyfriend to prove to him it is sooooooo much better than his palm. Figures he'd find a problem... He is telling me that there is sometimes a very lengthy delay in receiving his work email - sometimes an hour or so. I am thinking it must be something to do with the way the enterprise server pushes the email out? Has anyone else come across this problem and is there anything he can do to fix it? I really don't want to hear his nagging about this...he tries to act like there is nothing special about the Droid just to p*ss me off :icon_evil:. Any advise is welcome! Thanks!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I don't know if he uses the corporate email app or just the regular email app, but when you set up an email account for the email app, do the following.

Open the email app. Open the menu. Press Account Settings. Change the email check frequency to however often you would like it checked.

That should hopefully help....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loved the Droid so much I bought one for my boyfriend to prove to him it is sooooooo much better than his palm. Figures he'd find a problem... He is telling me that there is sometimes a very lengthy delay in receiving his work email - sometimes an hour or so. I am thinking it must be something to do with the way the enterprise server pushes the email out? Has anyone else come across this problem and is there anything he can do to fix it? I really don't want to hear his nagging about this...he tries to act like there is nothing special about the Droid just to p*ss me off :icon_evil:. Any advise is welcome! Thanks!

Take the Droid back and hand him a Blackberry Storm. Ask him if he thinks that's special.

My wife is telling me that her pop accounts are delayed as much as 4 hours. If that's happening then you may want to look into using the non gmail app or possibly K9 and have his email pushed with that. I don't use it so I'm not sure how it works, but many others use it and don't have any issues.

Taegost

Reaction score
I had an issue with the stock app with my gmail messages being delayed, it doesn't seem to check it right for me. I switched to K9 and use the IMAP server for my 3 different e-mail addresses, and HOLY CRAP...
I fell in love with Push technology :)
When I buy stuff online, I have the e-mail confirmation on my phone already by the time the web page submission is still loading on my computer...
If his organization uses an IMAP server he can get it pushed, and I *think* K9 supports Exchange as well, but I'm not sure... Hopefully his organization doesn't use Domino... Lotus Notes FTL :)
I loved my Palm, I liked my WinMo, I gave a ring to my 'Droid... :)

Reaction score

Take the Droid back and hand him a Blackberry Storm. Ask him if he thinks that's special.

My wife is telling me that her pop accounts are delayed as much as 4 hours. If that's happening then you may want to look into using the non gmail app or possibly K9 and have his email pushed with that. I don't use it so I'm not sure how it works, but many others use it and don't have any issues.

I love my droid but im not thrilled with the email at all. Emails will sometimes blend together, its weird.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It really helps others to help you if you post exactly what type of email account and what email app are involved in threads like this. Troubleshooting and what is or isn't possible is determined by these.

Does "Enterprise" mean Exchange? Not all enterprises use Exchange. Please confirm.