Delay between placing calls?

Je11yman

Reaction score
OK, this is driving me crazy. I am about to re-flash and start over, but I thought I would post first and see if anyone else encountered this. When placing calls, one after another, there is a huge delay after pressing the send button and the phone actually beginning the dial. Sometimes it is shorter than other times, but there is almost always a delay of about 30 seconds. Sometimes it is so long that I forgot I have called someone, and have moved on to something else when my phone suddenly begins to dial them! I am using Liberty 3 (2.0), with the 605 radio, and that's about it. Any ideas? Any other experiences like this?

PappaFloyd

Reaction score
I just tried, made like 6 calls back to back and no issue. it was actually pretty quick, just like everything else about this ROM. Sorry.

OP
J

Je11yman

Reaction score
I just tried, made like 6 calls back to back and no issue. it was actually pretty quick, just like everything else about this ROM. Sorry.

Yes, that's what mine used to do. I have no idea what changed, or when. I can't find a way to return it to whence it was, so I am facing re-flashing the rom. That makes me a bit sad.

ConcreteB

Reaction score
I had this problem on stock ROM with GO Dialer. Try a new dialer before re-flashing

gpcxii

Reaction score
Dialing delay is causing some issues

I have a similar issue with my Droid 3. When I go to dial a number, I'll get no response for as little as 10 seconds to as long as a few minutes. Where it gets more problematic is when I get an incoming call during the delay. Once I get the incoming call, the phone will start dialing my intended outgoing call and my only option is to hang up or conference the two calls together. As I use this phone for business, there are many calls that I do not want to conference together. Sometimes the delay is so long that I'm not sure that I hit the call option, I'll hit it again, and then the phone dials the number. When the person on the other end of the phone answers, my phone then calls them again, (while I'm talking to them), and gives me the option of conferencing them in with themselves, (or hang up - which is what I end up doing). Even if there is no fix for the double dialing, if there is a way to stop the second call without conferencing them in or hanging up the first call, I'm all ears.

mrtaiko

Reaction score
Stock D2G having similar problems. Sometimes the phone will dial as soon as I press call and other times there is a LONG delay. If I press the dial key while waiting for dialing to begin I end up with 2 connections. Rebooting the phone will fix it temporarily, but it will soon return to the long delay. Hoping someone has figured out what is going on.