Degradation of battery.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hysterical! Ahh yes, our phones.....the "latest" obsession. Is it Happy? Sad, Too warm-Does it need a jacket? Am I spending too much time with it, not enough? OhMy!
Will it love me when it gets old enough to decide on its own, will it visit me when I am p00ping in my pants:blink:
I just don't know. Have I downloaded too much stuff, is it abuse? :icon_eek:

:icon_ rofl: Yeah!!

I just heard on the news today:

Petplace.com found that small-to-medium dogs cost about $1,300 in the first year of their lives then $500-$900 annually thereafter. That can lead to a total as high as $12,700. Larger dogs, meanwhile, cost more per year ($1,000 to $1,800 as adults) – but the estimated lifetime cost of caring for a large dog only goes as high as $7,950, because larger dogs’ lifespans tend to be shorter, 8 years, versus a smaller dog’s 14 years.

SO, is it unrealistic to think people will spend exorbitant amounts of money on their phones, considering how strongly they feel toward their phones?

I'm telling you, 'PhoneSmart - the "Pet Store" for your Phone...' it's a winner! You heard it here first, folks. TM, Pat Pending, First dibs, Squatter's rights, etc...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
We need to talk about an exclusive deal on the Phone-A-Conditioner. I want to carry them in my store. :p

Phonishioner??

Aircaphoner?

Chillular Phone?

How bout Chill-Your-lar Phone?

Batterator?

Recellulator?

Chill-your-lar-phone is the name :) lol. And if they buy now it even comes with a cozy tote for cold winter days :)

Names mentioned here are the sole property of FoxKat94lt1 incorporated, any use of these ideas or names will result in you having a bad time... cause I'm a big, highly trained, very aggressive person..... I will stomp on your toes!!!! :D
DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

resinis

Reaction score
These new battery threads and responses are amusing.

i agree. most ideas about li-ion batteries are myths. in my experience, using your phone to charge your batteries is OK but not the best way.

its a slight gamble, as it is cheap hardware, but these universal chargers actually do a better job. Amazon.com: Universal Mobile Cell Phone Battery Charger: Electronics

they are slow charging, which is good for the battery, and they also bring the battery to it full voltage- unlike most cellphones. many phones ive seen cut off voltage at about 4v, when these universal trickle chargers will go to 4.2 every time. this is mainly because phones fast charge and its safer to stop a little under peak voltage when do charge close to C rate.
so my best opinion, buy a 2nd spare battery and charge with an external charger. like i said, phones do a fine job at charging, but external chargers are better and you also save wear and tear on your phones circuitry.

tom_guyette

Reaction score
Thank you SO much

FoxKat, thank you SO much for your posts. If I could +1 +1 +1 +1, I would.

You're absolutely right about Verizon sales reps making a big mistake with activating the phone for you; that's exactly what happened to me, and although the manual has a small warning about "it's important to charge your battery before using your new phone," it's nowhere near as prominent as it should be, and I had no idea it was THAT important. It should at least have a WARNING symbol. Verizon should also be addressing this with an internal memo to all of their reps.

Out of the box, I was getting about 10 hours of battery life, and felt so left out of the "my Razr Maxx is awesome, I've gone three days," blah blah blah. I was starting to think my unit was defective or there was a giant conspiracy to astroturf the entire net.

I went through your prescribed two days of conditioning, though, and right now with light use I'm in the 90% range after 4 hours. That's so much more in line with the advertised and much-touted battery life, and I'm so grateful to you for your explanation and step-by-step procedure. I wish there were a way to sticky it for anyone searching for \razr maxx battery\ on Google.

Thank you again for rescuing my phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Tom, I'm so pleased that you are now enjoying the kind of battery per that this phone is capable of. To give you some frame of reference, my phone is now at 70% after 15 hours with light use.

60e35213-d546-042f.jpg

60e35213-d554-74fb.jpg

60e35213-d58c-8c58.jpg

60e35213-d599-e465.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bohemouth

Reaction score
Thanks fox trot, i never knew you were not suppose to recharge after 15% I'm bad i will use it until i have 4% left. I too used it right wne i got it and drained the battery. I am going to start charging when it hits 15%. Thanks...there is great help here:biggrin:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually, under GB, the low warning came on at 15% but since ICS, it comes on at 10%. I think the recommendation is to charge soon after the low battery warning. And, if at all possible, do not let it discharge so low that it shuts down. There have been phones where the battery was too dead that it could not get into charging mode.

bohemouth

Reaction score
Actually, under GB, the low warning came on at 15% but since ICS, it comes on at 10%. I think the recommendation is to charge soon after the low battery warning. And, if at all possible, do not let it discharge so low that it shuts down. There have been phones where the battery was too dead that it could not get into charging mode.

Thanks Tis....what about jellybean? you think it will still be 10%

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Jelly Bean on my M is still 10%. Don't tell FoxKat... secret, secret, secret... but I am pushing the limits all the time and found myself at 4% more than once.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Jelly Bean on my M is still 10%. Don't tell FoxKat... secret, secret, secret... but I am pushing the limits all the time and found myself at 4% more than once.

I heard that ^^ ! :icon_ devil:

KajeRae

Reaction score
my phone only lasts 3 hours with background data, mobile data, and always-on mobile activated. Turning off these services extends my battery life up to 8 hours. I should just buy 2 extra batts.

OP
J

Jpasz

Reaction score
So after having the phone for a while

Rooted, running Cyan10, BlackWidow I think, based on the Cyan10 frame, no undervolting or overclocking (really waiting for it to become as nice as it was with the DX and Android Overclock), I can safely say the battery life is amazing. I don't use my phone much, but when I do, it doesn't disappoint.

Right now, battery stats are 16h 21m, at 69%. Highest discharge from Slacker Radio and mediaserver. It probably won't be charged again until tomorrow, and that's just because of how slow burning the battery is with this infrequent use.

Huge plus, don't see it getting worse, when I'm at 17% and deciding whether or not to go to school, I end up just letting it be and it gets home safe and sound 12 or 13%. This is a monster battery, I haven't seen a smart phone that can compare with this thing, and I don't know how I'm going to get back on crap battery with the next phone if this isn't universally adopted or improved upon.