Definitely Sad News For OG Droid users

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by illmatic636, Apr 11, 2011.

1. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Hopefully some devs stick with it.

CM7-Stable & Droid - CyanogenMod Forum

"Most of the other devices are getting CM7.0.0 stable, which will naturally lead countless of you to ask 'where's CM7 for Droid?'..... well don't

As it stands, the Droid still has lingering issues preventing us from releasing something we want labelled as 'Stable' (namely, tether, data and cam).

Till those are fixed, there will not be a Stable Droid CM7.

Please don't post new threads or bicker over why your device was left out. Droid support isn't dropped, its just your ROM simply isn't ready.":angry:

by ciwrl
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

froyo 4 life
  3. BasilofBakerStreet

BasilofBakerStreet New Member

Meh. CM 6 still meets my needs. If 7 was for the TB I may get one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Yeah, it just hurts cause I really like the feel of Motorola devices. OG Droid is the last development Droid. PreEncription. Froyo battery life is terrible when compared to Gingerbread.
  5. mjones73

mjones73 New Member

For the most part GB is working pretty good on the D1, the devs have made some major strides getting it to work on the limited memory available in our phones. Once the lingering issues are fixed it will be good, it's like anything else though, eventually the limitations of our phones will catch up to them.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  6. DanDroidX

DanDroidX New Member

I have been running CM7 for a couple months and I find Winner's build to be stable and when Prime makes his custom CM7 based ROM it will be CM7-Droid for the masses.
  7. chmcclellan

chmcclellan New Member

Truth? If so I couldn't care less about an official CM7 release.
  8. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

If not CM7, then what? GPA? FRG83G? What will we be content with on our phones?

I can't stop going back to PE 4.2! Is there anything else out there for OG Droid!?
  9. cyclej

cyclej New Member

GPA is great, but SS is awesome. Give Chevy01 a spin and I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised how well the OG does.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

All this says is that it is not ready. You may now go and write for DL, there was no reason to title this as it was.
  11. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Its running beautifully on my nook color. I'm sure the slight wait will be worth it.
  12. rctp10

rctp10 New Member

ive been running liquid for the last week and i gotta say its nice. no issues so far with normal use. I have noticed any gingerbread rom for og droid will run slow or buggy if your trying to use a large memory app (games). all in all performance is great.
  13. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Earlier the article said to not look for a stable version for OG Droid due to bugs (3G data, and camcorder) that will prevent CM Team to label it (Stable)
    It went on to say that the development for D1 was going to be slow, and continue to get even slower.

However, before I posted this thread the original thread was edited. What was edited is what I posted.

It's sad the development is going to be slow. I believe we have all seen that in the last few weeks.
  14. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

everything points to cvpcs mainly working on getting CM7 to the DX waaaaayyy before working on OG Droid.

I'm just speculating. That itself is sad enough for some of us.
  15. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I see no changes from what I saw when it first was posted.

In terms of who they have working on it it may be slow, so much so that if I want functioning GB I may go back to Pete's GPA builds, which are fantastic.

that post was placed for a simple reason, to head off the inevitable "where is the sholes DL of CM7 release?" Nothing more, stuff is still being worked on.
  16. sn2hotty

sn2hotty Member

PE 5.0.2 runs perfectly on my OG Droid (with a little help from Autokiller Memory Optimizer using settings suggested by Pete Alfonso, and Swapper 2). No real issues worth mentioning, nice and smooth, and fast. I get Quadrant scores in the 1300-1400 + range (not that Quadrant is the sole judge of speed, but just sayin' LOL).

GPA ran perfectly too; I just prefer all the bells and whistles that most ROMS provide.
  17. cubssuck1908

cubssuck1908 New Member

I've been using CM7 RC4 for awhile and haven't had a single problem yet. I dunno what else the final release can bring, maybe make breakfast for me in the morning?
  18. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

A little doom and gloomy when you look at the facts. Development is still on going across the commits for many/most of the devices, even with the stable releases for the other devices. Even when we got 6, stable, development continued up to 6.2.

Not sure what to say about CVPS because he has had some activity doing some things. I was actually pleased to see the note about the D1, as it means that the folks do understand and acknowledge what is still broken. Up until that post, I had no confirmation that anyone on the development side acknowledged the issues. Perhaps the other stable releases might free up some development time for the d1 by others besides CVPCS.

Craig
  19. captdroid

captdroid New Member

The writing was on the wall for a while now. Custom developers are moving on to other phones and so the talent continues to dwindle for D1 development. I to may eventually run Peter Alfonso's Gingerbread on my D1 if the CM team is unable or unwilling to resolve outstanding issues and make it right. Right now I am running Liquid Gingerbread ver 1.52 which actually runs pretty good.

Michael Webster was one of the best maintainers of CM for the D1 IMHO. Unfortunately he is gone. Michael Webster is why CM 6.1.2 runs good and even exists.
  20. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

According to CVPCS's twitter he's working on sholes as top priority, then moving on to the X and potentially stopping any work for the D1. So good and bad news

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

cm 11 og droid

cyanogenmod 8 for droid og