Defender vs Kraken

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by maineultraclassic, Dec 28, 2010.

1. CoDash

CoDash New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had the Kraken. DUST HOG. i really like the protection and the feel of the case but i was hard to keep clean. the little holes where the light sensor is was all gunked up after just a week. i have a green one. might try a Incipio. anyone have opinions on this?

2. Diggs59

Diggs59 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, first off let me say thanks to the Droid Forum Store for getting me my money back (expeditiously) after I returned the Otter Box Commuter for a refund. dancedroid

I just received the Trident Kraken (Green) and I absolutely love the fitment . It's a hog of a case (big) but the Droid X is already a huge phone so that has to be expected......

The overall feel is good and the 4 face buttons aren't really that difficult to press. Personally, I find the process alot easier than I did on the Otter Box Commuter case.

Overall I'm impressed with the quality and the fact that it's quite a bit cheaper than the Otter Box Defender. I actually looked into purchasing the Defender but after my experience with the Commuter (and the new knowledge of the Trident Kraken) I chose to give the Kraken a shot. I'm fully satisfied.

NOTE: For those wondering if: a self applied screen protector "combined" with the built in screen protector of the Kraken (or Defender) will affect the touch screen in a negative way? No, I'm currently using both and I can't tell a difference.

3. eriscrazy

eriscrazy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I got the Trident belt clip in the mail, and it is a very big disappointment. I know that everyone said it was crap and I should have listened because ill be sending it back. It is complelte crap. And I have decided to go back with the otterbox defender. I really love the kraken case but the belt clip is a very big deal for me. I hate carrying a big phone in my pocket, so the belt clip really matters to me.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

Search tags for this page
compare otterbox to trident kracken
galaxy s4 otterbox defender case vs trident kraken case
htc rezound trident kraken vs otterbox defender
kraken or otterbox
kraken vs defender
motorola droid 3 extended battery trident

otterbox vs trident

trident kraken vs otterbox defender

trident kraken vs otterbox defender for samsung s3
trident kraken vs otterbox defender galaxy s4