Defender vs Kraken

phartwig

Reaction score
I just usually go to the page I want then get it from my menu and put it there. I always had trouble moving them even when the phone was naked. Big hands

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
+1!

That's exactly what I do - w/ or w/o my Defender case on.

I just usually go to the page I want then get it from my menu and put it there. I always had trouble moving them even when the phone was naked. Big hands

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

turbinator1990

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about the built in screen protector in terms of how thick it is and if it does interfere with the quality and touch screen cabilities? I usually hate screen protectors because they mess up the quality of the screen or sometimes make the screen unresponsive at times. With my old phone I had a shell+holster combo and it worked great...Now I am debating like you all are about these two cases.

sandnut

Reaction score
I have not had any problems with the screen protector on the Kraken.

Janet1025

Reaction score
The screen protector is perfectly fine, no issues as far as quality or touch screen issues...

eriscrazy

Reaction score
im thinking about getting the extended battery and im glad to hear that it will fit in this case. can you keep the cover on the back or do u have to leave it off? and in my line of work (work for Honda) we wear white uniforms, and not having a belt clip is a pain. im wondering what is a good alternative to the trident belt clip? i need something to secure the phone on my belt.

P.S the trident website is sold out of belt clips :( anyone willing to sell theirs?

Janet1025

Reaction score
im thinking about getting the extended battery and im glad to hear that it will fit in this case. can you keep the cover on the back or do u have to leave it off? and in my line of work (work for Honda) we wear white uniforms, and not having a belt clip is a pain. im wondering what is a good alternative to the trident belt clip? i need something to secure the phone on my belt.

P.S the trident website is sold out of belt clips :( anyone willing to sell theirs?

Wish you would have posted this a few days ago, I just sent mine back on Friday! I was going to offer it here but I know we are not allowed to sell..

Diggs59

Reaction score
If it matters, I use the otterbox commuter and LOVE it.

What concerns me about Otterbox cases is that people have stated that the rubber is loose around the four buttons, this would drive me crazy!

Yep, I just received the Commuter today and I'm sending it back tomorrow morning., It's already boxed up and ready to be dropped off. The ports don't fit right, the rubber that covers the four face buttons is very mushy and you have to push way too hard to get them to work. Otter Box disappointed me bigtime.

CoDash

Reaction score
Had the Kraken. DUST HOG. i really like the protection and the feel of the case but i was hard to keep clean. the little holes where the light sensor is was all gunked up after just a week. i have a green one. might try a Incipio. anyone have opinions on this?

Diggs59

Reaction score
Well, first off let me say thanks to the Droid Forum Store for getting me my money back (expeditiously) after I returned the Otter Box Commuter for a refund. dancedroid

I just received the Trident Kraken (Green) and I absolutely love the fitment . It's a hog of a case (big) but the Droid X is already a huge phone so that has to be expected......

The overall feel is good and the 4 face buttons aren't really that difficult to press. Personally, I find the process alot easier than I did on the Otter Box Commuter case.

Overall I'm impressed with the quality and the fact that it's quite a bit cheaper than the Otter Box Defender. I actually looked into purchasing the Defender but after my experience with the Commuter (and the new knowledge of the Trident Kraken) I chose to give the Kraken a shot. I'm fully satisfied.

NOTE: For those wondering if: a self applied screen protector "combined" with the built in screen protector of the Kraken (or Defender) will affect the touch screen in a negative way? No, I'm currently using both and I can't tell a difference.

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Ok I got the Trident belt clip in the mail, and it is a very big disappointment. I know that everyone said it was crap and I should have listened because ill be sending it back. It is complelte crap. And I have decided to go back with the otterbox defender. I really love the kraken case but the belt clip is a very big deal for me. I hate carrying a big phone in my pocket, so the belt clip really matters to me.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!