Defender vs Kraken

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
not defender

This isn't what was asked (and I am interested if the Kraken works with the extended battery and covery, too), but I wanted to put it out there that the defender does NOT technically work with the extended battery (neither does my commuter even though they say it is compatible). It fits, but does not snap tight, but it does stay together fine once the silicone outercase is placed...
any with a kraken and extended battery/cover care to chime in?
thank you!

Reaction score
I have both... I will post pictures tonight.

As for which one is better? IMO the slaughterbox sucks and should not even be a contender. The Kraken protects the Droid from the word go and costs what you would expect a case of this caliber to (NOT $50.00).

Reaction score
Here are MY issues...

• Otter - Wide open camera location allowing for everything to touch the lens
  • Otter - No dust coverings what so ever (otterbox tech support states that is because those covers cause noise interference ... ah ok)
  • Otter - SUPER STICKY silicone outer which is almost impossible to get out of your pocket quickly
Other than that the otterbox is great... OH WAIT, it also costs a ridiculous $50.00

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Janet1025

Reaction score
I have both... I will post pictures tonight.

As for which one is better? IMO the slaughterbox sucks and should not even be a contender. The Kraken protects the Droid from the word go and costs what you would expect a case of this caliber to (NOT $50.00).

Thanks for your review and pics, I am LEANING towards the Kraken but Ive read a few people say they have gotten scratches on the screen protector just from normal touchscreen use, and I am neurotic with scratches, even one the case is garbage for me...

Have you been regulary using the Kraken? any scratches on the protector from normal use? even slight ones??

thanks!

Reaction score
No scratches what so ever... I have been using the Kraken now for about a month and it is a HEAVY use phone for me. I keep the phone in my pocket so it has plenty of chances to get abused from my keys, change, etc...

I would have to clean the otterbox out at least once a day from all the dirt and lint inside after a long day.

Best thing about the Kraken, you can buy whatever color skin from $8 shipped after you get a full case. I am sold :icon_ banana:

Janet1025

Reaction score
No scratches what so ever... I have been using the Kraken now for about a month and it is a HEAVY use phone for me. I keep the phone in my pocket so it has plenty of chances to get abused from my keys, change, etc...

I would have to clean the otterbox out at least once a day from all the dirt and lint inside after a long day.

Best thing about the Kraken, you can buy whatever color skin from $8 shipped after you get a full case. I am sold :icon_ banana:

Thanks, is it really bulky with the Kraken? Another reason holding me back is that the holster is supposedly coming out in a few weeks, I emailed Kraken and they said they would give me a discount code when the time comes, but my thinng is that they have free shipping for orders over $15 dollars and Im thinking with the discount code it will be under $15 so I emailed them to see if they will waive the shipping fee when the time comes, I really want to order the case now, who knows when this holster will really make its appearance...

Reaction score
It is bulky and more square of a case than the Otterbox but for a case that gives your phone rock solid protection I have not found anything better. I went through 5 different cases when I purchased my X just trying to find something that would keep this beast nice and secure.

After purchasing the Kraken (blind faith) I have been sold completely.

I called Otterbox to see what support they might offer on the bad design of this model and was given excuse after excuse on their case.

I dont think you will be disappointed at all...

As long as you dont mind the size of it :icon_eek:

jerryq2

Reaction score
I loved my otterbox on my blackberry storm. The one downside was the screen protector sticking to the screen and the screen not being sealed on the sides. I purchased the kracken for my droid x. The case is great same quality as the otter box. Better color selection I live the green and black. I like the screen protector better never sticks and it is sealed all around. It is bulky but the protection is worth it to me. Check out the trident its worth every penny.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Janet1025

Reaction score
I loved my otterbox on my blackberry storm. The one downside was the screen protector sticking to the screen and the screen not being sealed on the sides. I purchased the kracken for my droid x. The case is great same quality as the otter box. Better color selection I live the green and black. I like the screen protector better never sticks and it is sealed all around. It is bulky but the protection is worth it to me. Check out the trident its worth every penny.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jerry, how long have you had the Kraken and any scratches(even slight ones) from normal touchscreen use?

thanks

cpjr

Reaction score
If it matters, I use the otterbox commuter and LOVE it.

Janet1025

Reaction score

What concerns me about Otterbox cases is that people have stated that the rubber is loose around the four buttons, this would drive me crazy!

Last edited:

cpjr

Reaction score

What concerns me about hte Otterbox cases is that people have stated that the rubber is loose around the four buttons, this would drive me crazy!

Mine isn't. You could pry it up with your finger, but it doesn't move on its own at all.