Defective Thunderbolts

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine works perfect. Yes the clouds freeze for a second but I could honestly CARE LESS about the 10 seconds of boot animation. I really dont see why people complain about that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the boot, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one experiencing this. I'm on a phone forum, it's pretty safe to say I'm picky and detailed about what's going on with my device. Appreciate your feed back oneforty!

:noworktomorrow:

IMO.. boot animation is normal. Most boot animations are set on a cycle with the pngs . The cycle will repeat as the phone boots so it looks as though it is a continuing animation. Howeber I have made some boot animations forgeting to have enough pngs or to set to repeat to where the animation looks fluid till fully booted. The results were the animation would reach the last png and stop. The phone would continue to boot but the animation would look frozen. So.. u get my point. But I have not cracked open the TB animation nor know if it could truly be a software thing but maybe it just takes longer to boot then the animation has png for.. ehh. Just a guess..

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
IF you complain about boot times, why dont you just use its fast boot option.

HTC ThunderBolt Fast Boot (8-10 secs) | SlashGear TV

Its in the power menu I think.
yup my phone boots in under 10 seconds with fastboot enabled, otherwise it takes between 1-2 minutes.

fastboot only works when you power off phone completely and then turn it on. it doesn't work with reboot.

rebooting takes 2-3 minutes, powering off and on takes...10-15 seconds.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Its faster than a reboot then, all you have to do is take the extra 15 seconds to turn it off and then turn it back on, BAMM. Should call it a 25 second restart. DONT YOU TAKE MY PHRASE HTC!!!!!

funkyb

Reaction score
Fastboot works well, just needs 4G or WiFi.

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android.

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score
Mine works perfect. Yes the clouds freeze for a second but I could honestly CARE LESS about the 10 seconds of boot animation. I really dont see why people complain about that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the boot, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one experiencing this. I'm on a phone forum, it's pretty safe to say I'm picky and detailed about what's going on with my device. Appreciate your feed back oneforty!

:noworktomorrow:

IMO.. boot animation is normal. Most boot animations are set on a cycle with the pngs . The cycle will repeat as the phone boots so it looks as though it is a continuing animation. Howeber I have made some boot animations forgeting to have enough pngs or to set to repeat to where the animation looks fluid till fully booted. The results were the animation would reach the last png and stop. The phone would continue to boot but the animation would look frozen. So.. u get my point. But I have not cracked open the TB animation nor know if it could truly be a software thing but maybe it just takes longer to boot then the animation has png for.. ehh. Just a guess..

Tru Dat... other Rom's i've used on the OG droid have a boot animation that doesn't last long enough... I just thought with a stock HTC Rom on a brand new device the maybe it was a bug... I got enough thunder/clouds/Titleist Hale to deal with here tonight.. (ATL).

Knightwolf

Reaction score
My thunderbolt doesn't connect to the mobile network. No internet, no market at all. Guy at the store said give it time to adjust to the 3g no 4G in my area yet.

Droid king

kparks

Reaction score
My thunderbolt doesn't connect to the mobile network. No internet, no market at all. Guy at the store said give it time to adjust to the 3g no 4G in my area yet.

Droid king
turn airplane mode off lol jk jk

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

BubbaRob

Reaction score

Droid king

Factory Reset!! Settings > SD Card and Storage > Factory Reset. I've had to do it twice since I purchased the phone in order to reconnect to the network. Tech support stated its what we have to do until they fix some bugs on the 4G side of things and network handoff issues. It's very annoying to say the least.

motoconvert

Reaction score

Droid king
turn airplane mode off lol jk jk

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

This will work...I've had to do it quite a few times since I got my phone...or download the app restart connections and that should help as well...

peterjariel

Reaction score
Does anyone's tb sound static or like it's inside a can when u put it on Speaker phone

misplacedz

Reaction score
10 Seconds???

It takes my TB just over 4 minutes to move past the clouds. And it's been rebooting 2-3 times per day, even during phone calls. I don't think I like this phone very much. Though I didn't buy my TB from Verizon, am I still able to take it there to be looked at and hopefully replaced? It's so insanely slow. And the weirdest part is that when I add my number to calling lists, or look it up at all, it shows that it's not a TB, but a HTC Hero. What's up with that?

~Z~