Defective or just the reality of it?

orihc

Reaction score
So I got my rezound last wk and loving it...but I've found my battery drains pretty fast ...I get about 4-5 hours of moderate use....I've tried turning off 4g for a day and testing and I got 6-7hrs out of it....one night I had 60% before sleeping and it died when I woke up 7 hrs later....is that normal?

I'm still stock and was wondering if my battery was defective or the phone is defective....I've charged the battery initially for hours after the green light comes up and had the phone off to charge. I've done this twice consecutively to give the battery a good initial charge...

Also my phone runs 40c on average just surfing or checking emails or on the phone....

My next test is to use the sleep mode at night and see how that pans out...I'm wondering if rooting n desensing will help....are the Verizon apps eating at the battery too?

I've got another week before my 14 days for full exchange....my og droid lasts 1+ day on standby....rezound not even the night

pbickel

Reaction score
My rezound last about 10 hrs on moderate to light use and playing music for about a hour straight within that. I don't use any 4G at all

Sent From My HTC Rezound

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
So I got my rezound last wk and loving it...but I've found my battery drains pretty fast ...I get about 4-5 hours of moderate use....I've tried turning off 4g for a day and testing and I got 6-7hrs out of it....one night I had 60% before sleeping and it died when I woke up 7 hrs later....is that normal?

I'm still stock and was wondering if my battery was defective or the phone is defective....I've charged the battery initially for hours after the green light comes up and had the phone off to charge. I've done this twice consecutively to give the battery a good initial charge...

Also my phone runs 40c on average just surfing or checking emails or on the phone....

My next test is to use the sleep mode at night and see how that pans out...I'm wondering if rooting n desensing will help....are the Verizon apps eating at the battery too?

I've got another week before my 14 days for full exchange....my og droid lasts 1+ day on standby....rezound not even the night

That's normal for the Rezound. Your better off getting the extended battery and dealing with the bulkness of the phone. When I had the stock battery in there I was getting the same as you. So I optioned to get the extended battery and boy does it last long. I can go a whole day easy and that's with moderate use but I have my background data tuned off as well as gps and bluetooth. Plus its normal for it to get hot while surfing the web on 4g. Mine does but that's normal. But if it gets to the point where its extremely hot where you can't hold it that's differnent. I have also been reading that some of the roms out there do eat more battery and that there is a bug in some of those roms that some of the dev are trying to fix. Like I said, get the extended battery and you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'd check your sync schedules at night. If your media is backing up late at night that could be a reason. Also if 4G is newer in your area they may be tweaking the cells, killing your reception and upping the battery drain.
40 sounds a little warm if your reception is great but about normal if reception isn't all that hot and/or you've got your screen on a brighter setting. The screen is a battery vampire

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk Blue post

jcardona1

Reaction score
Doesn't sound right. I've gotten 35hrs with the extended battery, and 4G on only when I browse the web or watch videos. With the extended battery and moderate to heavy use, the phone has no problem lasting from 7am to midnight.

2012-03-14_21-07-10.jpg

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Usage is so very subjective so it's hard to compare apples to apples. I'd say you are pretty much in range though in sleep mode you should be able to get through the night very easily. Want to kill your battery in a little over 2 hours? Use GPS navigation, have it running 4G and talk on the phone using bluetooth. :icon_eek: Oh yeah, the display is something to keep an eye on too. A one hour show will knock power down 20-25% (OEM battery).

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
What? No it should not be dieing overnight from a 60% charge. Check to make sure there aren't any apps taking up more than their share of CPU time.
This happened to my dads bionic and it turned out to be the social location app using all of his battery, which he had never even opened.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nmos

Reaction score
That sounds excessive. I have no problem getting 10-12 hours out of mine. How's your signal strength? Have you tried turning 4g off?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
O

orihc

Reaction score
Iv tried turning off my 4g for a day n it gave me one to two more hour of use...I would consider myself a moderate user of surfing txting occasional words w friends n calls lasting less than 15 min.....

I think the most baffling part is that it died on me overnight w 60% before I went to bed n died the next morning. I couldn't even see what app was eating away at the battery. I'm gonna try sleep mode tonight to test it out...also the temp hitting 40c is pretty consistant on the rezound.

I do agree battery use is subjective but I wanna see if I was over expecting....thanks for the replies ppls

I also think the bloatware are feeding off my precious battery lol

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Go into your settings and make sure that your syncs are off I keep all mine off except for background. I also keep my 3g/4g, wifi, gps all off all the time unless I need it. My screen brightness is set for auto but I also make sure that I turn the screen off whenever I'm not using it. My battery will last most of the day but I'm on wifi at home and at work. 4g doesn't exist around my house yet and at work it's weak and spotty.

At night make sure the screen is off and put it in airplane mode. If the battery is still drained when you wake up then you might have an app causing the drain or you have a bad battery/phone.

nmos

Reaction score
I've seen behavior like this in fringe coverage areas but so far mine stays between 29 and 34C most of the time. I don't baby it at all (turning off sync etc) and it still uses very little power unless the screen is on.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes an app like google maps will persistently run and eat up your battery. Check to make sure that you don't have any rogue apps stealing your battery.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I find my HTC Rezound only uses up its standard battery a little bit faster than my older Motorola Droid X.

Howard

flamewalker

Reaction score
I can easily get 10-14 hours out of mine with relatively light usage. I only turn on WiFi when I'm at home or at work (always turn it off on the road!), and I always leave 4g off since it isn't at my house and it isn't very good at my office yet. I also turn off mobile data when on wireless. I find a little bit of work on keeping the lowest power usage antennas on goes a long way.

With 4g on my phone wasn't happy after 5 or 6 hours (probably mainly cause of the poor reception, it's trying really hard to connect and stay connected).

OTOH, I did load the leaked RC of ICS, so YMMV. It does seem to run a bit better on ICS than Gingerbread. Runs about the same smoothness-wise but definitely better on the battery.

ALSO, the screen is one beast of a screen. I can turn on the screen and sometimes literally watch the battery drain just sitting there! Make sure you let it auto adjust the brightness, or keep it somewhat low. High brightness, if I'm not mistaken, can/does cause extra drain on the batter. Just a thought :)

OP
O

orihc

Reaction score
Update on my testing.....
Tried sleep mode last night and was able to save a lot of the battery....about 20-30% loss of battery within 10 hours of sleep mode so avg of 2-3%per hour which is not bad...
I do have 4G on at all times and I'm in a strong 4G hood lol...checked my task manager for the vampire app and its mostly screen time for majority of battery use....I initially had it on manual low light setting now ill try the auto....I did notice once I set it on auto that the capacitive buttons don't light on as much....

I'd say I'm milking at least 8-9 hours out of it with light use and the fact that it didn't die overnight was a big plus. Oh also with background data turned off it made a big enough difference.

Oh, my extended battery just came in and boy thats a big goiter lol. I'll be testing that after my stock battery.