Defective battery?

dominator77

Reaction score
I will charge my phone until it says "battery fully charged..unplug from charger". but shortly after its unplugged the battery level drops to 90%. I usually keep all data/ gps and wifi off unless I check email and I only have a couple apps (none are social; I dont use facebook or twitter or anything like it). Im starting to think its not practical to use this phone as a phone...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
D

dominator77

Reaction score
Wow thats alot of helpful stuff... thanks.

OP
D

dominator77

Reaction score
Just a thought...Why do these phones come with all kinds of bloatware that no one needs, that sucks up battery life? Instead of the bloatware there should be apps and things allready installed that help save battery life instead of having to spend large amounts of time searching the market for these things, using tedious trial and error, and constantly going into settings and turning things on and off. WtF.. its a freakin phone!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I will charge my phone until it says "battery fully charged..unplug from charger". but shortly after its unplugged the battery level drops to 90%. I usually keep all data/ gps and wifi off unless I check email and I only have a couple apps (none are social; I dont use facebook or twitter or anything like it). Im starting to think its not practical to use this phone as a phone...

This could be partially because when the battery level is at 95%-91% the battery indicator will report 90%. You can use Battmonx which will accurately report the real percentage of the battery in 1% increments rather then 10% increments.

WtF.. its a freakin phone!

Its a smart phone, not a dumb phone. :p As for the bloatware, Verizon gets money by putting junk on there.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Freeze all the bloat and your batter life will increase a bit.
You could try flashing a custom rom like fission.

Reaction score
The way these phones work is that they charge until the battery is full, then run on battery power, then go back to charging. Because the stock meter only reads in 10% increments, if the phone goes down to 95% battery, your meter will drop to 90%. Then when it gets closer to 90%, the phone starts charging again, and your meter goes back up to 100%. That's the way lithium ion batteries like to be treated. It's not good for them to be on a charge all the time.

OP
D

dominator77

Reaction score
I know this sounds like a dumb question but what is the best way to charge it?

cobjones

Reaction score
I know some widgets kill battery quick... clockr evolution ate mine like a juicy... I better not say.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dalmi

Reaction score
After not touching my phone for the past 6 hours, the phone has been on idle and yes it is connected to 4g with display at 20% everything other than that is turned off (no widgets are running) I'm also NOT using a battery saver app like juice defender, all the I have done on the phone is browse the internet for 10mins while I was on break and the phone is beeping at me saying that it has 10% battery already.:mad: I'm not touching the thing and its dead... If that's a normal day on the ReZound then sadly I will have to take it back. Just thought I would ask you guys if you think that is about right or if I just have a defective battery. Not to give anyone the wrong impression that I hate this phone it's just the opposite, I absolutely LOVE my hTC ReZound.
Just an FYI the phone was unplugged at 6:40 this morning its now 12:10 and it just killed itself.

Thanks for the information,
New Guy

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to settings/about phone and check the battery usage. It should display what was using up resources.

dalmi

Reaction score
says 46% display - the screen has been used for a max of 30 minutes...
18% cell standby
16% idle
14% voice call
2% speed test
2% internet
2% android os
6 hrs 22 minutes and 47 seconds on battery and its dead
this is after I charged it and made a phone call earlier to Verizon that lasted about 6 minutes.

Last edited:

pbickel

Reaction score
May be a bad battery because I had heavy use on mine today and from 8 till now at 6:45 mountain time I'm at 40%

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
says 46% display - the screen has been used for a max of 30 minutes...
18% cell standby
16% idle
14% voice call
2% speed test
2% internet
2% android os
6 hrs 22 minutes and 47 seconds on battery and its dead
this is after I charged it and made a phone call earlier to Verizon that lasted about 6 minutes.

Tap the cell standby and see how much time you have with no signal. If you are in a very weak reception area that'll east you're battery quickly.
Also a battery will get better over the first 7-10 days of use

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk