Defaults not saved

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Everytime I reboot my phone, my defaults are not saved. I'm wondering what I did to my phone.

I am Rooted, have Titanium Backup, have frozen some apps and I also have the All-in-One tool, have tempered with my startup and have only removed certain known applications which I've installed from my startup (thus I'm pretty positive this isn't the problem but I thought I'd mention it anyway).

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but there's a similar problem with my Maxx as well with settings. My ringtone keeps resetting itself to default every time I turn off my phone. I have no idea why.

avenged61973

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but there's a similar problem with my Maxx as well with settings. My ringtone keeps resetting itself to default every time I turn off my phone. I have no idea why.

If your ring tones are switching, try moving your ring tones to internal storage. If they are on the external storage it will reset every time you reboot your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
If your ring tones are switching, try moving your ring tones to internal storage. If they are on the external storage it will reset every time you reboot your phone.

Worked perfectly. Thank you.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score

What location would they be saved in?

avenged61973

Reaction score
It could be in a music folder, or if your using a ringtone maker it could be putting them in a folder. They should be in a ringtone folder on your internal sd card.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
It could be in a music folder, or if your using a ringtone maker it could be putting them in a folder. They should be in a ringtone folder on your internal sd card.

OK that isn't the problem. I only have 5 folders on my SD Card. One for Call Log Backup & Restore, another for SMS Backup & Restore, data, dcim and LOST.DIR. All of the other files in the root directory of my SD Card are pertaining to manual installs of Android and other apps.

avenged61973

Reaction score
What app are you using for ring tones? You might want to make a ringtone folder on your internal storage and move all of your custom ring tones there.