Default text messaging for specific contacts

JayAaroBe

Reaction score
I read some other threads that discussed this issue but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

I live in the USA. I have the app called "WhatsApp" which I use to text message some of my contacts who live in other countries, internationally. I will refer to them as my i-contacts.

Here's what I want: when I text message any of my regular contacts, I want it to remember my choice of using the regular text-messaging app. When I text message my i-contacts I want it to remember my choice of using the "WhatsApp" app.

How do I do this?

I know how to go into the settings and reset the defaults for an app. However the problem is that it will "remember" only one of two ways, neither of which is what I need: either it will remember to text ALL my contacts using "WhatsApp", or it will remember to text ALL my contacts using the regular text messaging app. How can I make it remember to use "WhatsApp" only for my i-contacts?

Thanks in advance!

z96Cobra

Reaction score
What about putting a shortcut to each app on your home screen?

OP
J

JayAaroBe

Reaction score
Not quite what I was looking for but I guess the workaround solution would be to have the standard SMS be default and then specifically click on the WhatsApp app when I want to message my international contacts