Default messaging app

mfragoso

Reaction score
I set a shortcut to "direct message" on my home screen

When I went to select to send a message I accidently selected the messaging app that comes with the phone. and checked the box to "not show this notification again"

The only way it gives me to clear this setting is to go to "settings > applications > Manage apps"

The problem is that the messaging app that comes with the phone doesn't show up in that list and cannot clear this setting.

Anyone know how to get handcent back to being my default messaging app?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I set a shortcut to "direct message" on my home screen

When I went to select to send a message I accidently selected the messaging app that comes with the phone. and checked the box to "not show this notification again"

The only way it gives me to clear this setting is to go to "settings > applications > Manage apps"

The problem is that the messaging app that comes with the phone doesn't show up in that list and cannot clear this setting.

Anyone know how to get handcent back to being my default messaging app?

delete and reinstall handcent (or even update it) then the next time you go to send a text it will ask you which one you wanna use as default

jbsangel

Reaction score
When you are on the applications screen, hit menu and select filter and choose "running" or "all" so the messaging app will show. by default it shows apps you have downloaded.