Default alarm clock - intermittent sound

RAZRmax

Reaction score
After the recent Verizon update to 4.4.4, my alarm clock has a problem where the sound only works intermittently.

Sometimes, if I happen to be awake when the alarm is supposed to go off, I see it visually on the screen yet no sound comes out.

If I reboot that fixes it - for one or two days. Clearning the cache, wiping the data from the app, and regenerating my alarm settings does the same thing.

Very unreliable, in fact today I overslept by 35 minutes.

This was never an issue until the latest VZW update.

Suggestions?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just to confirm, you have a Droid RAZR Maxx with Kit Kiat 4.4.4? I'm pretty sure the Razr Maxx stayed on Jelly Bean 4.1.2. The Droid Razr Maxx HD (the 2012 Droid phone) was updated to Kit Kat 4.4.2. The Droid Maxx (the 2013 Droid phone) is running Kit Kat 4.4.4. It sounds like there is another app conflicting with your Alarm Clock. But knowing exactly which phone might help folks give advice. If you go to Settings > About Phone, you should see the Model Number and Android Version.

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Yeah it's the Droid Maxx running 4.4.4.

I downloaded an external alarm app and did some testing; so far so good.

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
No, same issue. This is driving me insane... I have no idea if my alarm will wake me up.

When this happens, I also cannot play any music. When I try, I get the error "Couldn't play the track you requested".

Searching tells me that this is due to a cache error maybe. But clearing the google music play app and forcing a stop does not fix the issue.

Help!