Dedicated site for the Droid Bionic @ BionicForums.net

tenacious bee

Reaction score
What people need to know now is that everything we thought we knew about our carriers is changing.
Verizon is not just CDMA anymore. LTE is a completely different technology and is unrelated to CDMA except in a basic sense.
And I will note that LTE is the only true 4G and is so because it was an entirely redesigned protocol.
Other 4G is only an updated version of their original GSM system and protocols, and because of this, it cannot meet the transfer rate that is classified as 4G.
Also, your data transfer rate is only as fast as your weakest link, and Verizon has backed their LTE towers with fiber optic, whereas others are a little slow to invest.
Just remember, 3G and 4G are not a technology, they are a standard.

Edit: LTE has not yet reached the transfer rate of 4G, but is called 4G because it has the potential to in the near future.
4G standard peak transfer rate requirements are 100 Mbits/s mobile, and 1Gbit/s stationary. They've almost gotten to 30 Mbit/s

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Yay !!! Someone that knows what they are talking about !

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apart from the CDMA/LTE chat, BionicForums.net is alive and well, check it out and join up for Bionic specific talk!

simons29

Reaction score
Love the reference to Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. Thanks for clarifying differences b/w 4G & LTE.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums