Decided to Wait

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Fission just felt cleaner and sleaker on my phone. Plus there are no bugs to worry about. Basically I'm waiting for GRD rom and this will do in the mean time.
I havent found any bugs in Liberty except one but now that I think about it I think its a hardware bug not a liberty bug, but to each there own. Fission probably does feel cleaner and sleeker because it is a more basic rom. Some people prefer a more basic rom and some prefer soemthing with more tweaks and mods, and I like the latter assuming it doesnt bog down the phone, which for me it hasnt.

Yeah, first attempted failed miserably. I'm also too tired right now so I think this is a task that needs to take place when I have a little more energy and time on my hands

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

Check this thread out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-roms/141036-fission-addons-anyone-interested.html

This might be what you're looking for.

Sent from D2G using DroidForums app.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...xt-messaging-apex-v1-possibly-other-roms.html

I tried to do something like this but it didn't work.
Well like I said you need blurhome I believe, but beyond that it all comes down to weather or not the system files needed for blur are still in tact. If not, it doesnt matter what you do with the apks, the system code just is not there to support it. I would ask the dev as to what degree blur was removed from the rom. Some roms just freeze some aspects of blur and call it blur-less while other roms truly are blur-less because they are AOSP which is based on the vanilla android source code.

On a side note thanks for this link! It was a good read. I might see about getting my blur contacts in to liberty. Doubt it will work but cant hurt to try!

Last edited:

rowlightweight

Reaction score
Does the Global part of the D2G work in Fission, or do you need stock for that?

Are there any features of stock that don't work in Fission (minus the Blur stuff and the crapware of course)?

Is Fission running on Froyo or Gingerbread?

I'm new to all this root stuff, so am just curious.

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
Fission just felt cleaner and sleaker on my phone. Plus there are no bugs to worry about. Basically I'm waiting for GRD rom and this will do in the mean time.
I havent found any bugs in Liberty except one but now that I think about it I think its a hardware bug not a liberty bug, but to each there own. Fission probably does feel cleaner and sleeker because it is a more basic rom. Some people prefer a more basic rom and some prefer soemthing with more tweaks and mods, and I like the latter assuming it doesnt bog down the phone, which for me it hasnt.

Check this thread out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-roms/141036-fission-addons-anyone-interested.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...xt-messaging-apex-v1-possibly-other-roms.html

Well like I said you need blurhome I believe, but beyond that it all comes down to weather or not the system files needed for blur are still in tact. If not, it doesnt matter what you do with the apks, the system code just is not there to support it. I would ask the dev as to what degree blur was removed from the rom. Some roms just freeze some aspects of blur and call it blur-less while other roms truly are blur-less because they are AOSP which is based on the vanilla android source code.

On a side note thanks for this link! It was a good read. I might see about getting my blur contacts in to liberty. Doubt it will work but cant hurt to try!

I defer to Xplorer4x4. I have not tried to do what you are attempting (remember I am all about efficiency (oh, BTW, I'm going on 14hrs on my last charge)).
Hard to believe that one can root and freeze blur and install non-Verizon/Moto infrastructure and not do the same in a customizable ROM. I suppose that notion is plausible, but I think someone just hasn't figured how to work it yet.

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score

Yeah I think it works on ApeX cause apex isn't aosp

Does the Global part of the D2G work in Fission, or do you need stock for that?

Are there any features of stock that don't work in Fission (minus the Blur stuff and the crapware of course)?

Is Fission running on Froyo or Gingerbread?

I'm new to all this root stuff, so am just curious.

It's ok, we're here to help.

The "Global Part" works once you flash the Sim card hotfix in the fission rom manager that you download when you go to install fission. That is very easy to install.

I've been running this for 2 days now and have been able to do everything I could in stock. I just have more battery life now.

And fission is running on Froyo. There is no Gingerbread leaked for the droid2 global yet, we are still awaiting this.

Hope that helps

I defer to Xplorer4x4. I have not tried to do what you are attempting (remember I am all about efficiency (oh, BTW, I'm going on 14hrs on my last charge)).
Hard to believe that one can root and freeze blur and install non-Verizon/Moto infrastructure and not do the same in a customizable ROM. I suppose that notion is plausible, but I think someone just hasn't figured how to work it yet.

Yeah my battery life is outstanding as well compared to what I was getting.

And yeah I get what you're saying. Really I don't even care at this point. I would rather just have gingerbread :p