Decided to Wait

lerit50

Reaction score
I've decided to wait to install any roms and just make a few mods myself.

Fission wasn't anything amazing, and there are problems that bug me about my experience with Liberty that make me just hold off on things for a bit.

Plus, I kinda like blur, which may come as a shock to the many of you who despise it. I just freeze the useless apps and it runs nice.

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
I've decided to wait to install any roms and just make a few mods myself.

Fission wasn't anything amazing, and there are problems that bug me about my experience with Liberty that make me just hold off on things for a bit.

Plus, I kinda like blur, which may come as a shock to the many of you who despise it. I just freeze the useless apps and it runs nice.

I think what compelled me to root and install Fission is not necessairly the glam most associate with the various ROMs. Although I expect that Fission is customizable to suit anyone's glam likings. It is the freedom and efficiency associated with getting rid of the garbage that shunts Android/Linux.
I have seen an incredible jump in battery life that freezing the trash when I rooted didn't afford me. I went from~ 5-6 hours (even after freezing) to an incredible (I just looked it up) 1d, 11hrs and I am at 20%. Truly astounding.
Haven't used GRD ROMer and Liberty, but, again, I'm good with what I've got. (If I had a D2, I'd try Liberty... sounds pretty efficient.)
Team DeFuse isn't updating/supporting Fission, but because of Fission's stability (there are a few quirks, admittedly), it doesn't require any hard core support (IMO).
I suppose stock is OK, but the idea of~ 5 hours up time is a deal breaker for me (I should have done more research before I got this phone... c'est la vie). Plus, when I buy something I don't want a fkn suit telling me what I can do with MY PHONE.

Sent from D2G using DroidForums app.

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
I hate this because I'm so indecisive and nothing is jumping out at me as being super appealing. I guess I'm gonna stick with fission. All I really want that's blur is the text messaging app

gthotie5

Reaction score
I'm using liberty Rom battery isn't any better, and i do miss my blur texting app a lot. theres a couple of "slimmed" Roms I think im gonna try those.

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
I'm using liberty Rom battery isn't any better, and i do miss my blur texting app a lot. theres a couple of "slimmed" Roms I think im gonna try those.

Well i'm back on fission now, haha. And I must say it is faster.

And as for the blur texting app, i'm looking into finding out how to install it onto the rom. I'll report back if I have any success.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
Yeah, first attempted failed miserably. I'm also too tired right now so I think this is a task that needs to take place when I have a little more energy and time on my hands

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

eMWu

Reaction score
I get around a day of battery life with light usage with rooted stock with some freezed apps. For SMS I prefer Handcent over the stock sms app.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
there are problems that bug me about my experience with Liberty that make me just hold off on things for a bit.

What bugs you about liberty?

I like Blur to but Liberty syncs with facebook which is good enough for me.

And as for the blur texting app, i'm looking into finding out how to install it onto the rom. I'll report back if I have any success.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Blur apps require blur home, but theres more to it then that. Fision is "AOSP like" so they say, so I am unsure just how blur was removed, but blur requires more then just an app, it requires code integrated in to the source itself, so if they removed the code itself blur apps will not run.

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score
Well i'm on fission now anyways. But my phone didn't respond well to liberty. And I didn't really see anything amazing about liberty. Im having great performance and battery life on fission.

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
Yeah, first attempted failed miserably. I'm also too tired right now so I think this is a task that needs to take place when I have a little more energy and time on my hands

I think there's a way... keep digging around in this and other forums.

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Well i'm on fission now anyways. But my phone didn't respond well to liberty. And I didn't really see anything amazing about liberty. Im having great performance and battery life on fission.

Define respond well..

One of the great things about liberty is the amount of themes and tweaks. I think you need the libert toolbox to really get the most out of it. It runs much faster then blur. I haven't seen the best battery life since switching to stock but then again I only had my phone stock for a day or two after from when I purchased it. If I tried I could probably increase battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score

Define respond well..

One of the great things about liberty is the amount of themes and tweaks. I think you need the libert toolbox to really get the most out of it. It runs much faster then blur. I haven't seen the best battery life since switching to stock but then again I only had my phone stock for a day or two after from when I purchased it. If I tried I could probably increase battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fission just felt cleaner and sleaker on my phone. Plus there are no bugs to worry about. Basically I'm waiting for GRD rom and this will do in the mean time.

OP
L

lerit50

Reaction score

Check this thread out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-roms/141036-fission-addons-anyone-interested.html

This might be what you're looking for.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...xt-messaging-apex-v1-possibly-other-roms.html

I tried to do something like this but it didn't work.