Debating on Rooting or Not

bernardino5

Reaction score
Yeah that's how did it go to thunderbolt forum's you'll find everything you need I just did a wipe on my phone so lost track of the link but it's not hard to find

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score
Yeah that's how did it go to thunderbolt forum's you'll find everything you need I just did a wipe on my phone so lost track of the link but it's not hard to find

alright I will watch the adb video

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's not hard bro...just copy and paste.

ridin the lightning

bernardino5

Reaction score
Just do it you'll fall in love again I did and don't regret it running bamfs 1.7 overclocked and underbolted quadrant scores 2418 not bad huh.

Yea I might just do it tonight, I heard its better to do it manually through adb, what is the best way to root?

Hey found it take a look seems lengthy but b patient and read well before jumping in everything u need and step by step instructions I installed HTC sync before rooting of course just copy and paste, good luck
http://www.thunderboltforums.com/forum/htc-thundebolt-hacking-guides/1233-rs-guide-how-root-your-thunderbolt.html

Technoman

Reaction score
So it really is this complicated to root the TBolt? Coming from the Droid 1 and then the Droid X this seems very cumbersome. As far as following the commands, that is no big deal. The issue seems to be way too many steps and room for something to just go wrong.

bernardino5

Reaction score
Alot more steps involved,yes more confusing but if u own an HTC its good to start getting familiar with the system took me a little over 2 hrs just because it was my first and was being extra cautious

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The instructions look overwhelming at first but once you take the plunge its not too bad. You will be glad you did it.

ridin the lightning

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
Yea it's a couple hours of cutting, pasting, and watching your phone reboot a couple times. Overall, it's not too difficult. Just pay attention to what you're doing and get good with the cut/paste options on your computer. Happy rooting:biggrin:

capetocairo

Reaction score
It's the best decision I've made for my phone ever. Totally worth the work to do it (even though it's not that much work, really).

Reaction score
I've had my TBolt since March and it still isn't rooted. I'm not having the reboot issue and my battery last 8+ hours on 4G and all day long on 3G. Everything runs fast and smooth so I have absolutely no reason to root yet.
That said, the tech geek devil :icon_ devil: on my left shoulder will eventually talk me into rooting and flashing ROMs but for now the stock angel is winning.

lmdodds

Reaction score
i rooted my TB the day i brought it home. coming from a droid1 it was a no-brainer for me. if nothing else it lets you get rid of all the bloatware krap thats on the stock phone. plus for me i love trying different roms, it was one of the things i loved about my original droid