Debating if I should buy a Rezound. Would like to get some tips and opinions.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Have you ever viewed HD side by side. Don't think you have cause there is a big difference. I don't care what an article says. I've owned both at the same time and played HD side by side. Gnex wins hands down. And yea I mainly watch videos and game on my phone
Um...if the difference is so obvious, why would it matter if you viewed them side by side? Are you saying the difference is not as readily apparent as you earlier implied?

It isnt an article, its a thread. And it is talking about ghosting and burn in, not HD quality...They are saying that if you leave an image on screen for a long time on the Galaxy Nexus it will "burn" into the screen and stay there. Ghosting is where there is a slight trail left when bright pixels move on the screen. It is a side effect of the way AMOLED works. These are not Rezound fanboys talking about this, but actual Galaxy Nexus owners.

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Well you view something side by side to have real life comparison. I dont compare screens on phones by reading forums and specs. I acutally use them to determine which one is better. Your the only person ive heard bring up the burn in issue. Yea im sure there is a chance of it, just like there is a chance that the rezound screen could have malfunctions also. There is a "chance" of pretty much anything happening to any piece of technology so I dont see what your point is. You "could" have a wreck everytime you get in your car to go somewhere, but are you gonna stop driving? So yea, my phones screen "could' get burned in if i leave an image on there for 24 hours straight......

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
@dbmcelroy. Nexus is still being supported. There are threads explaining what they meant. You should worry about your support. As soon as HTC launches the Ville, or whatever the name of the their next phone is gonna be, the rezound is gonna become the new thunderbolt. Hope you like running gingerbread on your phone. You could root and run ICS but its not gonna be as smooth as ICS getting official updates and support

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Well you view something side by side to have real life comparison. I dont compare screens on phones by reading forums and specs. I acutally use them to determine which one is better.
Unfortunately I have a job and a life...I cant spend every waking moment playing with every phone in the store. That said, I have actually used a Galaxy Nexus and have seen HD video on it. Yes, the display looks fantastic. No, I dont think it looks better than the Rezound's.

You seem to be saying that the differences are not obvious, which is why you need compare the displays right next to each other.

Your the only person ive heard bring up the burn in issue.
Obviously I'm not. Did you bother reading the thread in that link? Those are not Rezound Fanboys...those are actual Galaxy Nexus owners saying that. Some of them had to return their phone three times to get a "working" one.

Yea im sure there is a chance of it, just like there is a chance that the rezound screen could have malfunctions also.
If it is a "malfunction" it is a pretty widespread one. And I have not seen any threads complaining about Rezound screen artifacts...have you?

IMO it is not a malfunction...it is a byproduct of how AMOLED works. It is simply more pronounced in some Galaxy Nexus phones than others.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
@dbmcelroy. Nexus is still being supported. There are threads explaining what they meant. You should worry about your support. As soon as HTC launches the Ville, or whatever the name of the their next phone is gonna be, the rezound is gonna become the new thunderbolt. Hope you like running gingerbread on your phone. You could root and run ICS but its not gonna be as smooth as ICS getting official updates and support
You are correct that the crisis over Google support for the Nexus is exaggerated. End users will not see a real difference. Everyone is panicking for no reason. Google has not "abandoned" the Galaxy Nexus.

As for HTC support, it is a fact that the Rezound will get ICS. It is not even a question. And if it ever came to a choice between "hardware" or "support", I will pick hardware every time anyway. I can always upgrade the software myself, but you cant upgrade your hardware. No amount of Google updates will ever get you an SD slot on your phone.

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
So my point stands you've never compared the 2 phones before. I'm outta here, all this rezound talk is starting to make my gnex run slow. Don't let that Denver air mess up your senses any more. Dueces

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
So my point stands you've never compared the 2 phones before.
I did compare them. I just didnt compare them ina way you wanted me to.

I'm outta here, all this rezound talk is starting to make my gnex run slow.
My Rezound handles forum traffic just fine. Maybe you should have bought a Rezound instead. heh heh

Don't let that Denver air mess up your senses any more.
So bitter, LOL

Its just a phone dude.

digi-head

Reaction score

Nonsense. CM9 will be as good or better than the official Gnex ROM, just like CM7 is as good or better than the official Nexus One ROM. The Gnex holds absolutely no significant advantage over the Rezound, Period.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Rezound is a good choice. I have one, even tho you see this is sent from a RAZR..lol.

After having the g nex, RAZR and Rezound... I would choose hardware over software. I always have. That's one reason why I no longer have a g nex. The Rezound is my first Sense UI phone. Even tho it was always considered the smoothest custom UI. IMO the perfect screen would be a cross between the Rezounds and g nex.

About which has the best screen...none have the best. They all have pros n cons. And yea there is a huge thread about artifacts in the g nex screen at one site. The g nex and note.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

digi-head

Reaction score
View attachment 46887

Good luck getting a picture like this from any other phone camera (in low light). The camera is really important to me, and one of the biggest reasons I chose the Rezound.

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Does it even really matter??? It is nice to have the must have top of the line devices. HD or not a phone can only do so much and as stated before every device has its own strength and weaknesses. It all comes down to personal preferences. IMO.

digi-head

Reaction score
Does it even really matter??? It is nice to have the must have top of the line devices. HD or not a phone can only do so much and as stated before every device has its own strength and weaknesses. It all comes down to personal preferences. IMO.

I agree completely. For some reason I just feel compelled to defend my choice when others try to say that the Gnex is such an obvious choice. But I don't mean to imply that the Rezound is "better", just that there is no clear "better" choice, just tradeoffs.

jchammer123

Reaction score
View attachment 46887

Good luck getting a picture like this from any other phone camera (in low light). The camera is really important to me, and one of the biggest reasons I chose the Rezound.

That's an amazing pic!

I do love hearing all these nexus lovers talk about how their phone is far superior to the rezound. I was dead set on the nexus until I actually got to compare the two side by side, and in my opinion, the only thing the nexus had going for it was ics and the development community. But I personally don't need 50 different versions of the same ROM, give me 4 or 5 solid options and I'm fine with that.

I'm not dissing the nexus at all,I think it's an amazing phone, but there's really no way you can say that it's better then the rezound.

Besides, I haven't seen multiple threads about people having problems with and returning their rezounds, lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

t35rk

Reaction score
Yea, at first i felt the same way. Must have ICS...then i realized. I only use my phone for texts, rarely make phone calls. Use it as an mp3 player 24/7. It would be cool to have a gnex and the guaranteed development support in the supportt, but like you said. Find a phone that best suits you well. I believe the Rezound would be a good choice for my phone usage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

If you are looking at a texting and music playing device, then a smartphone is $20/month the wrong answer. Besides iBeats is overrated. The cans aren't that great and there is no equalizer adjustment on the Rezound other than on/off. Free EQs on the market have customization ability. I recommend Audio FX Settings.

The best display in the Verizon store is on the LG Spectrum, FYI, and its not even that close.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited: