Debating if I should buy a Rezound. Would like to get some tips and opinions.

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently a Bionic owner and have been fortunate enough to have purchased a "good" one. Lately i have been looking into other Android phones by HTC and Samsung. I understand this will be more of a personal thing, but i noticed a lot of ex Bionic owners are pleased with their exchanged Rezounds. Would anybody recommend going for the Rezound? Any pros? Cons?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
I love my Rezound, although I'm a big fan of the Bionic and Razr!

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

jchammer123

Reaction score
I have had no problems or complaints about my rezound. Definitely an upgrade from my old d1. The camera is simply amazing! I just put an ics Rom on my phone and now the panoramic camera is an added amazing bonus to an already great camera.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for replying.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Hello, I'm currently a Bionic owner and have been fortunate enough to have purchased a "good" one. Lately i have been looking into other Android phones by HTC and Samsung. I understand this will be more of a personal thing, but i noticed a lot of ex Bionic owners are pleased with their exchanged Rezounds. Would anybody recommend going for the Rezound? Any pros? Cons?
I cant honestly think of anything the Bionic does better than the Rezound (except the name...it does have a better name). I would definitely swap them in your case.

Pros: Awesome camera (both front and back), solid 4G and the best GPS I have seen on a phone. Best pixel density of any phone right now (better than the Retina display on the iPhone), and it is significantly higher resolution than the Bionic. It has both SD and a Removable battery (And 64 gig SD cards have been confirmed to work on it). It comes with expensive earbuds. It has a faster processor than the Bionic.

Cons: Buttons are too flush to the case. It is thicker and heavier than most of it's competitors (including the Bionic, though not by a lot). It is polluted with Sense UI (I'm not a fan of Vendor UIs). Battery could be better, but I dont know how it compares to the Bionic.

Last edited:
OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
I cant honestly think of anything the Bionic does better than the Rezound (except the name...it does have a better name). I would definitely swap them in your case.

Pros: Awesome camera (both front and back), solid 4G and the best GPS I have seen on a phone. Best pixel density of any phone right now (better than the Retina display on the iPhone), and it is significantly higher resolution than the Bionic. It has both SD and a Removable battery (And 64 gig SD cards have been confirmed to work on it). It comes with expensive earbuds. It has a faster processor than the Bionic.

Cons: Buttons are too flush to the case. It is thicker and heavier than most of it's competitors (including the Bionic, though not by a lot). It is polluted with Sense UI (I'm not a fan of Vendor UIs). Battery could be better, but I dont know how it compares to the Bionic.

Thank you JeffDenver!!! This is exactly the info i was looking for. Honestly like the Bionic, but i can't stand the camera at all. If the Rezounds camera is that good. I defiantly will. : D

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Those are using untweeked default settings. The panorama shot is a composite of three images...the rezound's panorama mode is very intuitive and easy to use.

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Nice, defiantly a major difference from the MOTOBLUR camera. Very good.

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
A lot of other people have said this is a great media phone and they are right. The Sense interface is smooth and friendly. The camera takes good video and stills.

As for the battery life; I have found turning off 3/4G and using Wi-Fi when available makes a huge difference in battery life. If you have to use 3/4G, use only 4G when necessary. I installed a program called LTE switch to toggle 3/4G. With 4G off that also makes big difference in life. Most of the time Wi-Fi is as fast as 4G, so with the much greater battery life makes it an easy decision which one to use.

I have never looked back from my old Lg EnV3 phone.
:biggrin:

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Is LTE Switch an apo from the market or rooted app?

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Standard app, non-rooted phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using DroidForums

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Dude get the gnex. Its the best hands down. Rezound won't see ICS for months. It'll be another unsupported HTC device

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

redwood

Reaction score
On day 5 with my Rezound and love it. Battery life better than expected 12-16 hours a day 4G all the time (to be fair I use it for phone, email, texting camera and some internet, not a lot of data use). Bought the extended battery with it (on sale @ VZW store for $29) but haven't felt the need for it. Feels good in the hand, unlike the Razr or Razr Maxx which I felt like I was going to drop all the time, despite having large hands.

Screen and camera are the best, hands down.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I think the battery life argument has been exaggerated. I dont have any huge problem with battery life myself. It seems average for a smartphone.