debate...ur thoughts on sending vzw a sbf'd phone

93fuelslut

Reaction score
verizon can now check to see if ur phone has ever been rooted even if u unroot it..
but what if its been sbf'd? can they tell its been tampered?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The "q" check will still read 0/1 from recovery even if you fastboot back to stock with the new ICS updates. I've fastbooted back to barebone stock many times on my RAZR HD with ICS before JB update and I still got 0/1

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So ur saying I'll be fine ?

If they boot your phone into recovery they will see "q 0/1" which will tell them you phone had been rooted at one point in time. This does not mean your warranty is voided right away though, they need to prove you caused the issue from root, generally if its a hardware issue, its a manufacturing defect, its hard to cause hardware damage from root, though no impossible.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Well hell idk now if i should send ina sbf phone or send it to moto and say it won't cut on..

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
no im in the process now...the phone is charging now from the terminals...
so of coarse i still need to download the sbf program on my gf's laptop..
side note, a guy on xda said his phone wont let the internal drive overwrite the files..
but now since vzw can tell its been sbf, idk if i would be better off to send it bricked to moto

mattjenn

Reaction score
That root checker doesn't work properly cause I have a Droid razr and a Droid 4 that both read qe 0/1 and neither has ever been rooted and were bought brand new from Verizon I would not put any stock into that root checker. The new one on razr hd in jelly bean however I have heard is working correctly and I'm talking about the one droid-life reported using the dialer to check if its rooted

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
i started late cause u.p.s is giving me like 70plus hours

You'll get a good payday. Did you get the programming cable? If I were you I'd just sbf it and keep it. From what I remember your problem was software related, so what Verizon will do is send a refurbished phone that was sbf'd. If you have a hardware problem then send it back.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
That root checker doesn't work properly cause I have a Droid razr and a Droid 4 that both read qe 0/1 and neither has ever been rooted and were bought brand new from Verizon I would not put any stock into that root checker. The new one on razr hd in jelly bean however I have heard is working correctly and I'm talking about the one droid-life reported using the dialer to check if its rooted
so basicly what ur saying is that the root checker isnt always spot on accurate?

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
You'll get a good payday. Did you get the programming cable? If I were you I'd just sbf it and keep it. From what I remember your problem was software related, so what Verizon will do is send a refurbished phone that was sbf'd. If you have a hardware problem then send it back.
yea but i die in taxes..although they are suppose to call me this week to get started driving..top pay at 32$ in 3years.
no i didnt get the programing cable..instead i just spliced the cable like kenji said to charge it.
yea, originaly i told them it was the lock button being ghetto on me.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I read that too, some people with completely stock phones show 0/1.

Like I said, if you have no hardware problems just keep the phone because there are stories of people getting multiple refurbished phones because of problems on each one.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I read that too, some people with completely stock phones show 0/1.

Like I said, if you have no hardware problems just keep the phone because there are stories of people getting multiple refurbished phones because of problems on each one.

well i cant send the one im using right now..lol.....its already got aokp