Death of the Razr Maxx

pdholtz

Reaction score
Talked to a sales rep from big red today about a replacement phone on our account and it seems the Maxx is discontinued. His computer showed the device for 99.99 but had none available! I love my Maxx and for those who don't have one you missed the boat!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
That's a shame but I guess its time for them to move on. With the M and HD series out, it makes sense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

KaChow

Reaction score
Talked to a sales rep from big red today about a replacement phone on our account and it seems the Maxx is discontinued. His computer showed the device for 99.99 but had none available! I love my Maxx and for those who don't have one you missed the boat!

It's always a shame to see our phones being phased out as the HD's will have the same fate next year. I do have to admit, that I am curious as to what the model was or replacement would be for you. The Verizon rep mentions the Maxx showed in his system at $99.99 and also not in stock or supply. The Verizon Trade In value for the Maxx is much higher at $110., I happen to wonder if the difference of the Trade In and there not being a replacement available, worked out to your benefit? Just curious.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I guess that's why Best Buy was giving them away

To be honest, if the Galaxy Note III is as big as I heard it's going to be, and the battery life is great (which, lets face it, nothing will compare to the MAXX for a while in that regard), I'd say death to my MAXX as well. With a screen that size, I'm guessing it'd probably have to have a 4000 mAh battery to compete with the MAXX's battery life.

Caesars

Reaction score
I dunno my note 2s battery life is probably (at least) comparable to the maxx Hd (and definitely surpasses the original maxx).

Return of the Android

GotnFX

Reaction score
I dunno my note 2s battery life is probably (at least) comparable to the maxx Hd (and definitely surpasses the original maxx).

Return of the Android

Just out of curiosity on average how much battery life are you getting and how much screen time?

GotnFX

Reaction score

Return of the Android

Never mind Caesars.. Saw your post in the GN2 forum.. 7hrs of screen time isn't too shabby.. Lol. Enjoy your phone!

lostinsc

Reaction score
So, I have Verizon insurance on my Maxx, if it were to break, and they can no longer get this phone, Do you think they will give me the Maxx HD?

skipbl92

Reaction score
It's always a shame to see our phones being phased out as the HD's will have the same fate next year. I do have to admit, that I am curious as to what the model was or replacement would be for you. The Verizon rep mentions the Maxx showed in his system at $99.99 and also not in stock or supply. The Verizon Trade In value for the Maxx is much higher at $110., I happen to wonder if the difference of the Trade In and there not being a replacement available, worked out to your benefit? Just curious.

Via www.gazelle.com -> flawless condition -> free of water damage they have a trade-in value (earlier this week) of $166.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
So, I have Verizon insurance on my Maxx, if it were to break, and they can no longer get this phone, Do you think they will give me the Maxx HD?

They'll probably offer you another phone with an extended battery.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score

So...are you asking this question as you dangle your perfectly good phone over the side of a building? :biggrin: If they cannot get you a replacement they have to give you a suitable alternative. It depends on the rep and how willing you are to go to the mat if they say no. But be careful, just because it is not being sold they still might have refurbed units for insurance purposes and it is a spin of the wheel whether the replacement works as good as the original.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just had my Maxx replaced with a flawless refurb from Verizon about a week ago.
They have warranty replacements.
I suspect Assurion has insurance replacements also.