Death of a Lamppost: Why People Only Know About the iPhone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by jntdroid, Nov 9, 2011.

1. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

2. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

shoot my gift horse in the foot of it's mouth for me.

excellent article.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Good read.

Apple is a top-notch marketing company. They aim towards the general cloud and shows how easy things work on the iphone. As for the Droid lineup, it's a bit more intimidating and the commercials have a more serious tone to them. Droid commercials provide more entertainment, but do little to actually promote the phone itself and its functions, that's where Apple excels.
  4. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I agree, but then again i've always thought the marketing campaign for the DROID series was stupid anyways. Totally useless as far as actually advertising a device. They always seemed like ads for some sort of Terminator-esque movie or something.
  5. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I don't like the RAZR ad either. There was an AT&T ad with a little girl putting up posters of her lost dog. A college student sees the poster, takes a picture and sends it to his friends. One sees the dog and texts where it is. By the time the girl has come home from putting up the posters there's the student with her dog. Much better than slicing random items.

I remember when Consumer Reports was sued for saying the early Suzuki Sidekick was Not Acceptable because it tended to tip badly on curves at a fairly low speed. Consumer Reports then showed a memo from Suzuki to their publicity department to never show the Sidekick moving. Isn't that what cars are supposed to do? Move? It's like "let's not show the phone actually doing anything."
  6. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

I don't know when Verizon and Motorola will realize their Drooooooooooooooooooooid marketing campaign is stupid, outdated, and laughed at by the whole world.