Dearth of online banking applications for Android

chenning1284

Reaction score
i really wish PNC would make a mobile banking app for the DROID they currently only have it available to select phones, hell i would even pay 99 cents for it if they wanted to "justify" a reason for making it. it would really be awesome to use that app on this amazing phone, getting this phone really curved my appetite for the iphone, finally a true competitor

Firegrl

Reaction score
Luckily I use B of A =D

You are proud to use a bank that fleeced the American people out of BILLIONS of dollars?

BOA is one of the WORST/most DISHONEST banks out there.

And I still don't understand why people would want to risk ALL their financial information just to look at their account from a phone. Wouldn't even do it if my bank created an app. Just NOT worth the risk to me...

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yep, BoA here too. Nice app on the BlackBerry and the Droid. Very happy with them. Glad to see they put some of the "billions of dollars they fleeced" to good use on mobile app development.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
BoA apps sucks, still buggy, and one has the mobile site, which is the EXACT same thing.

No need if you have a mobile site to waste storage on an app for that.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download an app called Personal Assistant. It will almost certainly have your bank. I use a NC credit union and it has mine.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am wondering why the number of banks that have written Android-based apps are so few. I am not referring to third party developers writing banking apps, I am talking about the banks writing their own apps. After the recent phishing scam that has been in the news, I am only going

to trust apps written by the banks themselves.

So, any ideas when more banks will jump onto the Android bandwagon?

I guess I'm not really sure what an "app" does for you. I just use my bank's secure web site to do all my banking, bill payments etc. I live in MI and my bank is in CA... I have never even seen my bank. I started using them way back when on-line banking was a new thing and none of the local banks offered it.

All I want is to be able to use a app / website that presents me with an interface that is mobile-friendly. In other words, I do not want to have to deal with horizontal scrolling or formatting that makes navigation challenging. So you (and other posters above are right), - it doesnt have to be an 'app', even a mobile-friendly site will work fine. Right now all the banks I work with with the exception of one have websites that are not mobile friendly.

I find it easier to use the dolphin browser to pinch and zoom, but i have chase and they have a site that is mobile friendly. I can pay bills from my phone, transfer money from my savings to checking instantly.

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Download an app called Personal Assistant. It will almost certainly have your bank. I use a NC credit union and it has mine.

PA is a great tool, but does not let you transfer between accounts or pay bills online. Nice suggestion though!