Dear Google-Please enforce a MAXIMUM on the frequency of updates a developer can push

shademar

Reaction score
If you think your app works fine and never want another update, back it up with Astro file manager, uninstall it, turn on your ability to install off-market apps in settings, and re-install the backup.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the OP works for Toyota?? That could explain why he thinks devs shouldn't fix known issues quickly and issue an update. If not maybe he should apply to upper management there, I think he'd fit right in:icon_ devil:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can see both sides of this.

I'm not against getting updates, but just like our market is flooded with bothersome, or useless apps, there are some that the dev's seem to update every day for some small insignificant change, that may or may not affect the overall operation of the app itself.

I myself have not encountered this yet, as like many here I don't have bothersome useless apps loaded on my Droid :icon_ banana:

What I would say to the OP is your message is not directed at the source.

Obviously you have a few apps that are frequently updating more than you would like.

Direct your email to those dev's. You never know ... Posting that thread here is not getting it to Google, nor is it getting to the dev's of the apps you are bothered with.

At the very least, then comment on the market for those apps and put WHY.

Movin on ... Hey, I hear there is a 2.1.3 push next week ...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If anyone knows a member of the Android team, please forward this to them.
This is ridiculous-i love my droid, it's apps, and android in general, but developers need to learn that its not OK to push me an update every week with a re-rendered 'Update' button. Seriously-an app ought be updated no more than perhaps once a month. This is mainly with third party apps-GMaps is updated at a very reasonable manner.
Does anyone else share my pain?

Go to Market/Menu/Downloads/Menu and turn off notifications. Then go to your go to your calendar and put in a reminder for once per month (Update Apps). Done. Or you can try to get Google to make your preferences what everyone has to live with.

jasonb

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're alone on this one. I like that devs can push fixes for their apps immediately. If it bothers you that much, you can set the market to not notify you of updates.

i agree with you.

just an example, there was an update to SetCPU that had a major bug, if there was a limit to how often an update could be posted that would have really sucked. instead the dev had the issue resolved and a new update in the market in less than 12 hours.

heliumfx

Reaction score
Maybe They can send him an update that will fix the updates from not updating him about updates!

........just saying.........

FoFa

Reaction score
I am guessing this just shows how accurate the saying - "You can't please all the people all of the time" truly is.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I am guessing this just shows how accurate the saying - "You can't please all the people all of the time" truly is.

Yeah its very accurate. No matter how awesome something is someone will always complain about something.

Jkeith247

Reaction score
In all honesty, something about updates gets me really excited.... I dont know why, its kinda like getting something for free. It also shows that the dev really cares about there prog. I dig it and in all honesty cant really see what the big deal is.... PRESS UPDATE====DONE!! :icon_eek:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're alone on this one. I like that devs can push fixes for their apps immediately. If it bothers you that much, you can set the market to not notify you of updates.

Quoted for truth. I realize some of the updates are sort of silly; but would you like to have to wait for an app with a critical bug to be updated; not because the update isn't ready, but because of an update frequency rule?