1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dear Bugless Beast. Ill be back in the winter

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by o Fi1thy, Jul 7, 2010.

1. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy New Member

Am I the only one that is getting reboots 5-10 times a day from it getting to hot? The phone doesnt feel that warm and with other roms it has gotten hotter. But so far this BB is the only one to reboot this much. Is it Petes CPU scrpit? Ive tried using SetCPU to throttle it down and set the failsafe to a high temp. Yet it still reboots it self very often. Its a shame too because I absolutely love BB.4 I got over an 1700 benchmark with it.
  2. JonDenver'sCopilot

JonDenver'sCopilot New Member

I have the same issue. I am gonna stick with BB till CM or DM release their 2.2 ROM and then make the switch. But you are right...multiple shutdowns and reboots a day is annoying. The thing about it that bothers me most is the BB followers....most will patronize you for bringing something like this up and say its user error. Sorry to say this guys, I only run into this on Pete's 2.2 ROMs and I have been hacking my phone for far too long to accept the stupid answer that I loaded it wrong, especially since I've followed every little "trick" for a clean install.
  3. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Did you wipe when you installed, if yes then it is probably your kernal not the rom, unless your running stock kernal of course
  4. mike919

mike919 New Member

No one is going to chastize you for bringing this up, but there ARE notes in the OP that say not all phones will be able to handle higher speeds on THIS ROM... I'm not trying to sound mean, but did you have the reboots even on Pete's STOCK 800Mhz? how many kernels have you tried? which ones?
  5. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy New Member

Yes I am running the stock kernal.

I know everybodys phone is different and whatnot. But like I said my droid has gotten way hotter on other roms without the reboots. It doesnt even feel that hot to be honest. I was just on the phone with my girlfriend who has an iPhone. (yeah yeah i know) We were talking for about 30 seconds. all of a sudden, silence. Thinking that she must have lost service because well....its the iphone (dancedroid) Look down and a reboot. Or when I have my droid mounted to my laptop. If i try moving any files around for more than 5 minutes. Reboot. Otherwise I love everything about this rom. Its just becoming too much of an annoyance.
  6. JonDenver'sCopilot

I am on Pete's stock Kernel. I Have OC'd at multiple levels 600-800MHz and always get the same results. Most of my reboots and shutdowns are when waking my phone from standby, but some happen randomly with the processor maxing out at the max OC level for no reason. I thought it was an app I was using and did a clean install and didn't load any apps and used the phone like that for a day and had the same results. I'm not saying "all" users will chastise you, but there is a large group of Pete followers who seem to think that anyone who has any problems with his work are the problem and his ROM is infallible. I've read over and over from the community that its user error and Pete's ROMs work perfectly all the time when they praise him. Don't get me wrong here, Pete is the man when it comes to this stuff, but some of his groupies drink a little too much kool-aid.
  7. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

No problems with BB at 1ghz here.

I do wonder if you let your phone get to hot with the other roms and damaged the cpu at all.

Also if you have a buddy with a droid, swap batteries, maybe your's can't take a load and drops power for a sec....
  8. J*Bishop

J*Bishop New Member

in your op you mention you got 1700 for a benchmark. what benchmark were you using? also, what have you set your setcpu failsafe at?
  9. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy New Member

To get that benchmark I actually used P3's 1200 LV kernal. I know my droid craps itself at a 1300 kernal. So I decided to max it out at 1200 for a moment and run Quadrant. Thats when I got 1700 after that I went back down. I like a mix of speed and battery life and I get that with the stock kernal. Failsafe is set at 125F Hottest Ive EVER seen it get was about 140. Pretty sure Ive seen other peoples droid get hotter than that. Just talking on the phone and mounting it shouldnt make it get to 125. Thats why i was wondering if its petes cpu scrpit.

10. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

well, try another battery then...couldn't hurt!
  11. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy New Member

Ok....Just had another one. (Keep in mind I didnt have this problem with Kangernade) My phone is charing right beside me as I type this. I went to reply to a text. starting typing. It froze and reboot.
  12. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

I would use adb to format system, cache, and data, and then try BB.

I believe you will need sprecovery to format using adb.
  13. Droids

Droids New Member

I use the stock kernel and have never experienced a single reboot. You can use Clockwork recovery as well, to format all the partitions, then do a clean install of BB. Be aware too, of what apps you restore, as it could be an app issue.
  14. mekman

mekman New Member

It's not the rom it's the kernal. Random reboots stopped for me after V.3. However with V.3 and V.4 I was having horrid battery life and high temps. I literally went through around 14 different kernels before I finally tried P3droid's 900mhz SV kernel and voila. It's like the magic kernel for my phone running BB V.4. I'm averaging 30 hours battery life with moderate usage and temps that run between 28 to 35 degrees celcius. And no random reboots, ever.

It could be that your phone just hates BB froyo but it is my guess that it is the kernel that your phone hates. Try them all. Give each one a days use and see how it performs. Keep trying them until you find the right one.
  15. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

It never hurts to go back to a ROM that was working properly, even if it is a 2.1 ROM and then update back to bugless beast v0.4. I've once had to do this coming from 2.0.1 to 2.1 to fix a different issue.
  16. Demolition Man

Demolition Man New Member

I switched the stock OC to ChevyNo's 800ulv one. Works great on my Droid. Nice speed, low temps, and stability. Experiment with different OCs by ChevyNo until you find one that works with your Droid - but backup your current setup before starting in case you get boot looped.
  17. Gimic26

Gimic26 New Member

Anyone having random reboot issues might want to check if they have the YouMail app installed. It's known to have serious issues with all Froyo BB Roms.

The Dev was on here last week looking for help from Pete to try and nail down the issue.
  18. JonDenver'sCopilot

No YouMail on my phone. I am able to get shutdowns on froyo with a completely fresh install coming off of stock 2.1 ESE81. I've gone as far as Wiping data, system, cache (all multiple times), and formatting the sdcard. I get shutdowns off of the stock kernel that Pete provides with OC anywhere from 550-800. The ONLY app I downloaded and ran was SetCPU so I could control different clock settings and I still have the issue. The shutdowns occur when comming out of standby, and my droid will max out the CPU to 800MHz for a minute or so causing my phone slow to a grinding hault till either it shuts off or force closes the program it opened in (ususally the launcher but sometimes I go in standby in a different program like email, mms, or browser and it fc's that program). It happens about 3 times a day, and hasn't affected my business life (yet) so I'm sticking with it cause I like Pete's work. I just wish there was something I could do or figure out lol. This ONLY happens on the BB ROM and not on the stock Froyo Leaks.
  19. o Fi1thy

o Fi1thy New Member

I switched roms and havent had a reboot yet. Ill be outside in 95* heat and im sure ill be texting so when i get home Ill let you know how it goes.
  20. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

JonDenver'sCopilot, I'd strongly recommend downgrading back to a 2.1 that work and updating back to 2.2. One thing that I've learned is that all phones will not perform updates as flawlessly as they should and sometimes just restoring a solid ROM that worked and then updating back to the ROM you want to use will fix a lot of issues.