Dealing with Verizon...

xjman349

Reaction score
I work for Verizon Wireless, and they only time I see this is when customers are on a business plans, ELEU (Employee Liable End User) (meaning you get a discount through your company but you are responsible for your bill) the discount only applies to the primary line. Meaning that if you're on a family share plan the only line that will receive the discount is the the main line that's listed as the primary. There was an error that was applying the discount on secondary lines on the account, however that issue has been resolved. If you are a lucky person that the fixed passed, I wouldn't be for calling to bring that to anyones attention. :) Enjoy your extra discount.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I'll give you a little advice. I work in a VZW store. We have people asking and complaining about their upgrade not being soon enough all day. What you need is incentive for them to upgrade you. We get paid on data we sell, so if you're going from a BB to a Droid ther is no incentive for us. Buuut, if another line on your acct (assuming you have more than one) has a basic phone and wants a PDA we (the manager) will be more likely to want to help you with your upgrade. After that you can simply go online and switch your ESN or call care and have them do it. Dont have them do it in the store or that's the last bit of help you'll get (we keep notes on your acct about this stuff). Or just call care and be nice. If someone tells me the're gonna leave if I dont do (insert favor) I and most reps just put up a wall and say see ya. Nothing personal but thats how retail is. You catch more flies with sugar:heart:

What do you mean you guys keep notes on your acct about what stuff? Just trying to make sure I say the right stuff in the store next time.:wink:

xjman349

Reaction score
I'll give you a little advice. I work in a VZW store. We have people asking and complaining about their upgrade not being soon enough all day. What you need is incentive for them to upgrade you. We get paid on data we sell, so if you're going from a BB to a Droid ther is no incentive for us. Buuut, if another line on your acct (assuming you have more than one) has a basic phone and wants a PDA we (the manager) will be more likely to want to help you with your upgrade. After that you can simply go online and switch your ESN or call care and have them do it. Dont have them do it in the store or that's the last bit of help you'll get (we keep notes on your acct about this stuff). Or just call care and be nice. If someone tells me the're gonna leave if I dont do (insert favor) I and most reps just put up a wall and say see ya. Nothing personal but thats how retail is. You catch more flies with sugar:heart:

What do you mean you guys keep notes on your acct about what stuff? Just trying to make sure I say the right stuff in the store next time.:wink:

Every time you call we remark your account and every time you go into the store they remark your account. Just make your stories match. :)

arty2hottie

Reaction score

Every time you call we remark your account and every time you go into the store they remark your account. Just make your stories match. :)

oh got ya. I thought you were talking about if a person was rude or something like that. thanks for the response

xjman349

Reaction score

oh got ya. I thought you were talking about if a person was rude or something like that. thanks for the response

Lets just say that it has happened in the past. If you push someones buttons it has been known to happen. My advice when requesting something from a rep over the phone or in the store is be honest, nice and be patient. I will work harder for someone who lets me work hard for them but if they are too busy yelling its hard for me to actually look to see what I can do. Usually when someone is mad they begin spouting about their bill, due date, past due, calling plan etc and dont let me actually work on the issue they called about. So understand we want to get you into a new phone and we want you to be happy after the call, but keep in mind we have criteria we have to meet as well and giving away everything and a sack of tomatoes wont help either of us.

KGee

Reaction score
If your 24 mth is up in March, the store will not abide by the 20 month upgrade under "every 2". You can get discounted upgrade at 20 months online if you want to do it before your 24 month is up. My 24 was in March, and the store refused to give me a discounted Droid. Went home, ordered online, got the discount immediately on my order, and recieved it in 2 days with no shipping charge.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I work for Verizon Wireless, and they only time I see this is when customers are on a business plans, ELEU (Employee Liable End User) (meaning you get a discount through your company but you are responsible for your bill) the discount only applies to the primary line. Meaning that if you're on a family share plan the only line that will receive the discount is the the main line that's listed as the primary. There was an error that was applying the discount on secondary lines on the account, however that issue has been resolved. If you are a lucky person that the fixed passed, I wouldn't be for calling to bring that to anyones attention. :) Enjoy your extra discount.

yeah im definatly not going to bring it up.. who am i to call them out on a mistake if one is being made.

i even had my girl ask one of the other people she works with to look at there bill and see if the discount applies to just the primary or all the lines. Low and behold the other person has 3 lines all with data plans and all 3 have the discount.

so im thinking its more to do with her corp discount rather then a mistake.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I was able to get mine in December and I'm not due until the end of April. I didn't have to ask either. I called in about an issue with my Dare and they suggested the upgrade. I never asked, demanded or said really anything. After a wile of being on the phone, I was able to get my Droid for $99 and a free env3.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your 24 mth is up in March, the store will not abide by the 20 month upgrade under "every 2". You can get discounted upgrade at 20 months online if you want to do it before your 24 month is up. My 24 was in March, and the store refused to give me a discounted Droid. Went home, ordered online, got the discount immediately on my order, and recieved it in 2 days with no shipping charge.
KGee...what are you talking about??? It doesn't matter if it's online or at a VZW Corporate store, if the primary line (or any secondary line) has been under contract for 20 months, VZW will honor it for upgrade. I have no idea what you're getting at here.

Reaction score
my contract wasnt up til march and they were sending me mail flyers in dec. saying i was elgible for $50 off any new phone including the droid to renew my contract now.

GenkiElite

Reaction score
You always get your NE2 at 20 months unless your on a higher plan or have been the main line on a shared plan at which point you may be able to get 2yr pricing at 12 months plus a 20 dollar early upgrade fee. There are of course certain criteria you must meet first and unfortunately I'm too tired to remember it all right now.

gemro311

Reaction score
Verizon is doing away with the VIP Program effctive Feb 28,2010. They will not do any "early"upgrades for us until July :mad: