dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup college takes us at quite some strange paths, but it works out.

As for the kid, some good news, apparently his dad wants me to hang out with him again Friday, so to me that can only mean good things. Don't want to get my hopes too high, but looks like things are lookin up for them:)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yup college takes us at quite some strange paths, but it works out.

As for the kid, some good news, apparently his dad wants me to hang out with him again Friday, so to me that can only mean good things. Don't want to get my hopes too high, but looks like things are lookin up for them:)

Let us know how it works out!!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Let us know how it works out!!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!
Just got a call from his dad, he's currently in a rehab center/hospital still. The good news is they've got a proper diagnosis on him, but it's pretty severe. Even as a psych major this is a bit new to me, the kid was diagnosed with Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Complex post-traumatic stress disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I'm just glad there was a proper diagnosis and the rehab he needs can start. Although I only get to see him during visiting hours, I'm glad to hear that he actually wanted me to visit:)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just got a call from his dad, he's currently in a rehab center/hospital still. The good news is they've got a proper diagnosis on him, but it's pretty severe. Even as a psych major this is a bit new to me, the kid was diagnosed with Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Complex post-traumatic stress disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I'm just glad there was a proper diagnosis and the rehab he needs can start. Although I only get to see him during visiting hours, I'm glad to hear that he actually wanted me to visit:)

Just hope the diagnosis is correct and not misinterpreting a few underlying causes, possibly a mix. Seen it happen. Results suck when it does. I hope for his same that they're correct and that he responds well to the course of treatment they decide upon.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just hope the diagnosis is correct and not misinterpreting a few underlying causes, possibly a mix. Seen it happen. Results suck when it does. I hope for his same that they're correct and that he responds well to the course of treatment they decide upon.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!
I hope it's right too, but yes there is always that possibility. At least he has the right therapy/treatment right now, but who knows how all this can turn out. I'll see how things go Friday, get to see how he's doing and get some time to talk with his dad too maybe. I'm just hoping for the best and that since he's so young he can bounce back from this.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I hope it's right too, but yes there is always that possibility. At least he has the right therapy/treatment right now, but who knows how all this can turn out. I'll see how things go Friday, get to see how he's doing and get some time to talk with his dad too maybe. I'm just hoping for the best and that since he's so young he can bounce back from this.

Kewl, you're doing an awesome and unselfish thing. You're alright in my book ;)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hey everyone, I know I haven't updated this thread in awhile (if some of you care to have read), but I recently hung out with the kid again.

Over the past 2 months he's gone through therapy and everything. I believe he's still on meds, but he is doing much better. I actually hung out with him yesterday as he's the one who contacted me first, and he seems to be happier with life. We caught up, found out he's just catching up with school and taking classes, but I can tell he really wanted to hang out with me and my new puppy. I think his dog is the one that keeps him hanging on to what keeps him motivated, so now that we got something else in common I hope that makes us better friends. I can tell he really appreciates the time we hang out and he thanked me multiple times. Just can't believe what little I do changes someone else's life that much.

I figure some of you were wondering or were going through something similar (which I hope not), but just keep a positive mindset and be there for them. It's more rewarding that words can be put into and it'll put things into perspective for yourself.