DEAL: No Contract LG G6 For Just $500

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg_g604-jpg.77448

It looks like LG is already drastically reducing the price of their new LG G6. The G6 has to be LG's best offering in years, but still has to compete with the likes of the Galaxy S8. They were able to get a slight head start on the S8 which was helpful, but now that the S8 has released they are doing some things to make the device an attractive buy.

T-Mobile has decided to offer the phone contract free for just $500. This is a $150 savings. This deal still includes a free Google Home speaker! The Speaker alone is normally worth $129. The deadline for the Google Home Speaker has been extended to May 7. There is also still an offer for a "free" LG G Pad X 8.0 tablet. The tablet offer does require some service package commitments. The only downside is that T-Mobile will still stick you with the standard $25 sim card fee. Still this is the best deal going for the LG G6. If you have been looking at this phone now is the time to buy!

via T-Mobile

Attachments

• lg_g604.jpg
    lg_g604.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 5,653

boidsonly

Reaction score
$500+$25 (sim)+52.50 (tax)=$577.50 (fail). No thanks. Not even close to a deal.

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
I have one and the battery life is fine. In fact excellent. But the problem is the glass over the camera lens breaks if you even look at it too hard. It happened to me and many others are reporting it also. And LG refuses to recognize that this is a problem.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I have one and the battery life is fine. In fact excellent. But the problem is the glass over the camera lens breaks if you even look at it too hard. It happened to me and many others are reporting it also. And LG refuses to recognize that this is a problem.

Not surprised. LG's quality control is abysmal and I've yet to see them publicly own up to defects that plagued the G4 and G5. G4 silently updated a fix after users had constant missed screen taps for a year, and the G5 has a GPS issue that is known to be a hardware defect by many, but you just have to complain enough for them to replace it and have another broken GPS within a couple days.

I'm staying away from LG's mobile sector for a long time. My smartTV from them is excellent, though.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
All I read is that battery life is just as bad as it was on g4 and g5
LG G6 Battery Life Test: Something's Not Quite Right Here...

From Benchmarks (Phone Arena) lg g6 gets 6 hours and 20 minutes of use on single charge while moto z play gets 13 hours and 43 minutes.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I just saw this on Phone Arena about an hour ago:
Deal: Buy a new Sprint LG V20 for just $299

Apparently CellularStream is selling brand new LG V20's for Sprint with the original cable, charger, and battery for $299. I think I might have to jump on that, as I can actually get that phone rooted.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Pretty steep discount for what is considered a premium device, bit surprised.