Deal for Android tablet

berbely

Reaction score
I want to have a tablet for a while. I don't want to spend too much to pick up some hot to show off(like galaxy). Search online, check email and keep contact with friends would be fine for me. So, a bargain would be great. Found one, looks pretty much cool!
The Cheapest and Most Stable Android 2.0 Tablet

crazybrian

Reaction score
Looks to me that its nothing but a chinese knock off of the ipad running android. I would personally save my money and wait.

turdbogls

Reaction score
wow...that looks terrible. you will hate yourself for getting a resistive screen on a tablet (no pinch to zoom, plus not very accurate) and to add to the bad screen, it is ony 480x800 which wont look that great on a 7" screen.

now i may be partial to this, but IMO, the BEST android tablet you can get today for the price is a Barns and Noble Nook Color....sounds funny, but it runs android 2.1, has a capacitive IPS screen, with great resolution, super easy to root and get the market and all the apps on it. it just got a custom recovery, and an overclock kernel. $250 gets you everything the galaxy tab has. this is currently what i am using as my tablet, and it really is more than i could ask for. once custom ROM's come out for this thing, it will be running FROYO or possible gingerbread and maybe even Honeycomb after a while. the only thing it is missing is cameras.

with electronics, you get what you pay for. stay away from Resistive screens, and try to stay with at least a 720P screen....and keep with a higher processor speed. that thing is going to be SLOW, no matter how you look at it. and you are going to have problems on top of problems. pay a little more, and you will be happy.

zgruven

Reaction score
wow...that looks terrible. you will hate yourself for getting a resistive screen on a tablet (no pinch to zoom, plus not very accurate) and to add to the bad screen, it is ony 480x800 which wont look that great on a 7" screen.

now i may be partial to this, but IMO, the BEST android tablet you can get today for the price is a Barns and Noble Nook Color....sounds funny, but it runs android 2.1, has a capacitive IPS screen, with great resolution, super easy to root and get the market and all the apps on it. it just got a custom recovery, and an overclock kernel. $250 gets you everything the galaxy tab has. this is currently what i am using as my tablet, and it really is more than i could ask for. once custom ROM's come out for this thing, it will be running FROYO or possible gingerbread and maybe even Honeycomb after a while. the only thing it is missing is cameras.

with electronics, you get what you pay for. stay away from Resistive screens, and try to stay with at least a 720P screen....and keep with a higher processor speed. that thing is going to be SLOW, no matter how you look at it. and you are going to have problems on top of problems. pay a little more, and you will be happy.

Hmm intersting never even thought of the nook as being a tablet or rooted just a colored e reader..Thanks for that bit of info..:)

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Archos makes great tabs, great price, too.
I have the Archos 70 internet tablet w/ a 250 hard drive, it runs latest firmware of android 2.2.1, the only downsides are 256 megs RAM, no internal gps and I had to apply a google market hack to get it working on the google market (but no root on latest firmware).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App