[Deal Alert] Verizon's Moto G Now Just $50 at Best Buy With No Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-g-best-buy-sale-june-2014.png

It's been a while since we could report a really juicy deal alert, but Best Buy is helping alleviate that today. They have the Verizon version of the Moto G for just $49.99 without a contract! This is basically half-off, since its original price was $99.99.

To be clear, this is for one of Verizon's prepaid plans (and is not the new LTE version of this device), but for some users this could be exactly what they need. It's listed as a sale and they didn't make it clear how long it will last, so it might be worth checking out ASAP.

Here's a refresh of specs:
  • 4.5-inch 720p HD touchscreen with Gorilla Glass
  • 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
  • 5 MP rear camera with LED flash and 720p HD video recording
  • 1.3 MP front camera
  • 1 GB of RAM
  • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, an FM radio
  • 8 GB of non-expandable storage
  • 2,070 mAh battery
  • A waterproof nanocoating inside and out
  • Android 4.4 KitKat

Source: Best Buy

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There is an unfortunate catch: NOT ONLY is the phone locked to Verizon, but it CANNOT (let me repeat, CANNNNNNOOOOOTTTTTTT) be used on a standard line. Prepaid only. Disappointing for users like me who thought "that would make an ideal backup phone if I ever lost my trusty device."

Actually I've been poking around the Verizon customer forums and some users are circulating the theory that "after 6 months on prepaid you can use the phone on a standard line" but I have not seen any VZW service reps confirm that. That number (6 months) feels a bit...picked out of a hat to me. I'd have to guess it's speculative at best.

Still, I have to confess: pre-ordered the GSM/LTE version from Amazon last night for my tweener. Hate to put it on another carrier but eh that's life. Probably give Straight Talk a try. Here's a little known factoid: not sure why, but the 8GB LTE is not only the only model that comes in white, but it also has a microSD card slot! Go figure.

-Matt

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Just ordered one. My daughter's birthday is coming up soon & we've been talking about getting her a phone.

Tapped from a Moto X