Deal Alert: Refurbished Chromecast For Only $20

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
c700x420.jpg

I still think that full on mini PCs are better for an overall media consumption experience since those devices are stand alone and don't rely on some other device to bring the content. These standalone devices are not always as easy to use, and some require quite a bit of setup. They often have their quirks too. The Chromecast is hands down the easiest plug and play device for getting content from the web to your TV. It is pretty versatile too. For the most part I can cast just about any web video, and of course the most important services like Netflix and Youtube work perfectly. I bet you didn't know there are hundreds of full length 80s and 90s films on youtube :) You could easily cancel your cable subscription with a device like the Chromecast.

If you have somehow missed out on the revolution that is the Chromecast and are ready to buy yours, or maybe you love yours like I love mine and you are ready to buy one for each TV in your house you will want to hit up the Groupon linke below. Groupon is currently selling refurbed units for only $20 which is a $15 discount! If refurbished scares you just know that refurbished normally means open box or devices that were returned for reason other than defect that have been tested by the manufacturer. This deal will only be available for a short period of time. There have already been more than 1,000 sold!

via Groupon

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's a great deal! I've been thinking of buying a second media stick for one of the tv's in our other two bedrooms. The problem is, I can't remember the last time I turned on either of them. For that price it would be worth buying one regardless. The only experience I have is with our FireStick and it was a simple plug and play setup as well. Super easy and super dependable. Aside from maybe 4 regular network shows, it's the only thing we use anymore. We try to convert everyone that comes over to be a cord cutter. With all the gadgets accumulating in our house, you might classify us as "Scientologists" without the spaceships and weird rules. LOL

S5 tap'n

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
"I still think that full on mini PCs are better for an overall media consumption experience since those devices are stand alone and don't rely on some other device to bring the content."

This * infinity.

However, I do have a Chromecast and still find uses for it. (Like for MLB.TV streaming games which works flawlessly. While the MLB.TV app on my Amazon Fire TV Stick is very slow and choppy.)

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
We have 6 of these things in our house. No regrets whatsoever. I pretty much use it for everything. Streaming shows, movies, and music. The upcoming CC though looks promising for developers with the motion sense thing. Some people like other devices with remote, but I just dont see the point of a remote anymore since a lot of us, at least in this forum, have our fone with us all the time. At least for my S5, chromecast and the apps I used with it doesnt use much of the fone's battery. It's a lot easier to search using the fone and you can still use your fone while streaming.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The deal is entirely worth it. BUY ONE NOW if you've been thinking about it.

They're running another deal where you get a free movie rental, Google Play Music trial (free for 90 days), or a number of other deals for EVERY chromecast you own.

I bought one when they were around $30-40, but came with $20 Google Play credit about 6 months or so ago and the deals I've received since have more than made up for what I paid after figuring that credit in. I'm basically "making money" by having a Chromecast plugged in to my TV. I barely use the thing except to watch those free movies or others once in a while that I can't find On Demand from my cabel company or on Netflix on the Xbox One, but it was worth it at the price I paid and this price is better.