[Deal Alert] Nexus 7 32GB at Staples for Just $170 For Limited Time (Ends July 14th)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
staples-nexus7-32gb-30-off-coupon-code.png

Here's a fantastic deal alert brought to us by our friendly neighborhood tech raver, gadgetrants. This one actually turns out to be a double followup. A few days ago we shared that Staples dropped the price of their Nexus 7 tablets.

According to that report, you could get the 16GB Nexus 7 for only $179.99, and the 32GB for $199.99. Both of these are spectacular deals, but apparently, Staples has upped the ante further. For a brief time (just until July 14th) they are offering a special $30 off instant coupon code for the 32GB version of the Nexus 7. This brings the total price down to a stellar $169.99 for the 32GB model! As you can see in the screenshot above, in the lower right hand corner you are given a coupon code which will be used at the final checkout. Here's the details of that special offer,

To get your $30 savings, add coupon code 20098 at checkout.
**While supplies last. May not be valid in combination with other offers. Offer subject to change.

Offer Expires on 07/14/2013

The reason why this is a double followup is because just moments ago we shared a rumor that the next generation of Nexus 7 will likely be launching in Taiwan at the end of July. This "extra" price drop from Staples seems to indirectly confirm this as they are obviously trying to blowout their old inventory. What do you guys think? Is this a deal that's too good to pass up?

Thanks again for the tip, gadgetrants!

Update: Apparently, this offer also works for the 16GB version as well. This brings its price down to $149.99! Here's a link to that one: Staples - 16GB Nexus 7 for Super Cheap!

Source: Staples - 32GB Nexus 7 for Super Cheap!

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's a tough choice -- that's a very competitive price, remember it was $250 just a few months ago -- but personally, I'd (just barely) rather have the newer, prettier, faster, fancier one for $200 (16GB) or $250 (32GB) than the cheaper, older one. Of course, that's all relative and stupid reasoning. Once I have the new one in hand for about 10 minutes (and it doesn't totally change my life), I'll smack myself and say, "Argh, why didn't I just grab the cheaper one!??!?!"

Oh. And of course I should mention THE NEW ONE DOESN'T EVEN OFFICIALLY EXIST. Now that's what I call stupid reasoning.

-Matt

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Careful gadgetrants... you are about to jump on a soapbox and rail against yourself! :D

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Touche'! But it's also normal for me to agonize over choices like these (so I like to look at them from as many angles as possible). I don't think we'll ever see the 1st gen 32GB under $100 new, so no doubt it's a fabulous price. The other consideration is that it's a gift for my wife -- believe it or not, replacing her ORIGINAL Nook Color -- so it's definitely a quantum leap forward. If I keep that in mind it's pretty much a no-brainer.

-Matt

loonamark

Reaction score
Hopefully the new lineup won't include the horrid, rager-inducing lag that plagues the current N7!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's tempting, but I wouldn't by a phone with only 1gig ram at this point (bigger deal than processor, IMO).

Also, for tablets I'd REALLY REALLY like to see a 2nd SD. Yeah, I want 250 gigs of storage as I wouldn't be having a wireless plan.