[Deal Alert] 'Matrix One' 7-Inch Android Tablet On Sale for $59.99

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 28, 2012.

1. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I bought one for my kids for Christmas this year. Since its for my kids, the warranty is nice. My coworker bought 3 for his kids. For the price, you can't beat it. My daughter (she's 6) has been all over my Nexus 7 so I know she'll like it and will know how to use it. Attach it to my GMail account and she'll have a ton of apps for it already.
  2. blueroadbill

blueroadbill New Member

User Manual

Does anyone have a user manual for the Matrix One. I've purchased 3 of these for my grand kids(9, 8, & 6). So far, I haven't received a reply to my request to the company.

I did receive all three that I ordered(white though), and got them in 6 days. Still no reply from the company on a user manual.
  3. pdroid

pdroid New Member

Did anyone actually receive this yet? The whole XTEX thing makes me wary of budget tablets.
  4. goosedeath

goosedeath New Member

XTEX?
    I believe it's a preorder, and not shipping yet. Said something about 3-4 weeks. I have not received any notification that its shipped yet.
    If it turns out to be a piece of crap, I'll set it to display the apple logo and shoot the crap out of if, return and give the replacement to my nephew. Lol
  5. swc2001

swc2001 Active Member

I bought two of these on September 28th 2012. I still have not recieved these tablets. I called them today, they said I should have them by next week..... I hope so!!
  6. goosedeath

goosedeath New Member

I'm kinda thinking this is a scam...I ordered about a month ago, all I know is they charged me already. Typically orders don't get charged until they ship. Plus it's out of ca, scam artist central. Some jerks from there stole my debit card info and had a good freaking time...

I hope it's not a scam though, but if it is, I'm gonna wait and see if this Nexus 10 rumor materializes.
  7. hypernot50

hypernot50 New Member

I purchased one on Sept. 28th also. They charged my credit card the next day and I still have not received it. It has been 4 weeks and the preorder said 3 to 4 weeks. I called them yesterday and the person in sales said they would be shipping out in the next two days by ups and that I will receive a tracking number when it ships. We will see. I hope we all get our tablets as promised.
  8. dracos

dracos New Member

Ok like all of you I thought this was a good deal but now I have some bad feelings. Especially since this is on their frontpage now.

9. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel New Member

I was told the same thing. The guy I talked to said callback Tuesday if I still haven't received a tracking number. I have a friend who ordered one of these and he seems to like it except for the battery life so I'm inclined to believe it's not a scam. They probably weren't expecting so many orders though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. dracos

dracos New Member

Just an update that I received today from their order department

11. Amarea

Amarea New Member

More updates...

This company has been removed as an approved seller by Google Wallet. They have had their account completely shut down by Google. However, they are also operating under the company called Pacatek as well. They typo'd their Terms of Service webpage as shown by the Google cache which clearly reflects the MTX website address. My advice is get your money back while you are still protected by the Fair Credit Billing Act!

Pacatek, Inc. :: Terms & Conditions
  12. goosedeath

goosedeath New Member

I'll give them a few days after the 20th to see what happens....I'm probably gonna get a Nexus 10.

$60 for a tablet was worth a chance though. If it comes I'll see about making it my off road navigation system.
  13. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel New Member

I really hope they come in. My friend likes his and my son has been asking for one. If I don't hear anything by the end of the month then I will try to get my money back.

14. Amarea

Amarea New Member

Wal-Mart also carries a $60 tablet: Ematic Genesis Series with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System: Computers : Walmart.com

Depending on when you placed your order and how you paid, you might not be able to get your money back. If you paid via a debit card tied to your bank account, you have to file a dispute within 45 days of the date of transaction (some banks are 60 days). Even then there is no guarantee your bank will issue a refund as there are no consumer protection laws protecting debit card transactions. The EFTA does limit your liability to only $50 but only within 2 days of the date of transaction. After that it jumps to $500. If you paid via credit card, you have 60 days to file the dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act.

The problem I was seeing with Matrix's responses was that their shipping date is sitting right before the holidays and right at the end of that 60 day window. From the research I've done, their CEO is no stranger to fraud. This is from a comment on another post about Matrix:

$60 may be worth the risk to some but not me (I had ordered 3 for my kids). I truly hope you all do get your tablets and that they work fine. I just want to make sure others are well informed of what is going on with Google Wallet as well as this companies ties to Pacatek since it's probable the tablet deal may show up there next.
  15. dracos

dracos New Member

Is there no recourse with Google Wallet if we do not receive the product as ordered?

Just so everyone knows you can also file a claim with Google Wallet if we dont receive our product

16. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel New Member

Thanks for the info. I ordered mine on October 2nd so I'm going to see what happens tomorrow. I still have a little time before the 60 days.

17. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Is it just me or did their facebook page disappear? I was holding on to hope because they were posting updates on the FB wall but now I can't load the page. That gives me a sinking feeling. :( It's also annoying that you can't check order status on their website.
  18. goosedeath

goosedeath New Member

Looks like we got scammed. Karma will catch up to them.
  19. Androidedo

Androidedo New Member

The Facebook page is gone!

And as we speak, probably their office is being emptied and they will fly away.
  20. Tonik

Tonik Member

Search tags for this page
android matrix 1
galaxy 7 $59.99
matrex one tablert

matriss tablet

matrix 7 tablets

matrix android tablet

matrix one 7 case

matrix one tablet

matrixone 7