[Deal Alert] 'Matrix One' 7-Inch Android Tablet On Sale for $59.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
matrix-one-7-deal.png

This assuredly must be one of the cheapest Android tablet deals we have seen. The Matrix One is a 7-inch Android tablet that had it's price dropped for the next 72 hours to a paltry $59.99. Of course, for such an inexpensive device, we can't expect killer specs, but it might get the job done for certain circumstances, especially with X-Mas coming up soon. Here's a spec list:
  • 7 inch - 800 x 480 pixel display with a 5-point multitouch capacitive touchscreen
  • 1.5 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 4GB of storage
  • A microSDHC card slot
  • 32GB of extra storage.
  • Fron-Facing 2 MP camera
  • A mic, gyroscrope, and accelerometer
  • Full-sized USB port
  • A mico USB port
  • A mini HDMI output
  • 3200mAh battery
  • Built-in WiFi.
  • Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Hmmm... those specs aren't really that awful for only 60 bones. What do you guys think? Here's a link if you want to take advantage of this offer: Matrix One 7

Source: AndroidTablets.net

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The specs are pretty decent for that price point.
Definitely worth looking into for a nice starter tablet, or even a spare backup ( ya never know when you might drop, spill, etc )

But if you take a look at the 7S , their top line product
for $119.99 it has some impressive specs on it as well.

The only thing is the 3-4 week shipping delay

EDIT = look at their replacement warranty
no questions asked replacement within one year
no matter the reason why it's broken
you do not see that very often, if at all

Gungiddy

Reaction score
I've been looking at similar tablets like this one Free Shipping Android 4.0 MID 7" Capacitive tablet pc with 512MB/8GB,Camera wifi A13 pc tablet 7-in Tablet PCs from Computer & Networking on Aliexpress.com for Christmas gifts for my family. You get the leather keyboard case and free shipping for $68. I think we will be seeing really cheap tablets (price wise) a lot more often very soon.

I have purchased an android phone to use while I am in Europe from that site. It is great phone, wish I could get one for the Verizon network.

swc2001

Reaction score
I just Bought two of these.
One for my Parents and one for my wife. Christmas shopping looking good this year.

Wow you cant beat that Price..... I hope its Rootable. Anybody know if you can root this lil guy?

P.S. one last thing... I had the option to buy these through Google Wallet..... so I did.... Somebody put my mind at ease.... How did it know my Address? I dont remember ever givin Google My Address. I just have bought Apps through them... Never anything to be shipped to me. :blink:

americanz

Reaction score
I just Bought two of these.
One for my Parents and one for my wife. Christmas shopping looking good this year.

Wow you cant beat that Price..... I hope its Rootable. Anybody know if you can root this lil guy?

P.S. one last thing... I had the option to buy these through Google Wallet..... so I did.... Somebody put my mind at ease.... How did it know my Address? I dont remember ever givin Google My Address. I just have bought Apps through them... Never anything to be shipped to me. :blink:

right from the website

Features
Microphone
Gyroscope
Accelerometer
Rooted out of the Box

swc2001

Reaction score
Yeah I feel stupid because I just called the company and they pointed this out to me.
The rep said that all you have to do is put on Super user then install Google apps to get the play store.... Soooo Win Win!!
Thanks for telling me.... Some days my brain is there and some days.... maybe not. LOL

swc2001

Reaction score
Do you think you will be able to put CWM on it so you can make NANDROID Backups?

Gungiddy

Reaction score
The specs on the Matrix One 7 website list it as having a Cortex A8 1.2Ghz Processor and Storage: 8GB

N4UPD

Reaction score
The front facing camera on the website says it's a .3 megapixel camera . .3 can't be very good.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
All i can say is WOW. The warranty alone is worth the price. 1 free replacement no questions asked. Rooted out of the box. This is a steal.

Sent from my DROID4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The specs are pretty decent for that price point.
Definitely worth looking into for a nice starter tablet, or even a spare backup ( ya never know when you might drop, spill, etc )

But if you take a look at the 7S , their top line product
for $119.99 it has some impressive specs on it as well.

The only thing is the 3-4 week shipping delay

EDIT = look at their replacement warranty
no questions asked replacement within one year
no matter the reason why it's broken
you do not see that very often, if at all

If I didn't already have 3 tablets I'd be all over the 7s

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is "Direct Merchandising Marketing, Inc." a reputable company? If so, i'm tempted.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm noticing a small discrepancy. On their website it says 1.2GHz cpu but when you add it to the cart it says 1.5GHz. In the end you probably wouldn't notice that much difference between 1.2 and 1.5 but I'm just curious. I like that this has a full-size usb port, my ASUS TF101 doesn't even have that. I'm so tempted to get this even though I absolutely don't need it. :icon_ poke::r_c:

This is probably a good deal but it won't be the last of these kind of deals we see, chances are high that more budget-friendly tablets will show up. I think the only other thing that concerns me is the OS support in the event of bugs. How likely is this tablet to be updated with bug fixes or general revisions.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to say it. You get what you pay for and a deal too good to be true usually is. My bet is that this company sells a bunch of these then folds leaving users high & dry with a piece of junk. But hey, that's just my thoughts & I could be way off base with that. This could be a reputable company, but they could also be a scam.

Would be nice is users posted their experiences with these and other very inexpensive tablets, both positive and negative. With so many different tabs coming out, a non-biased buying guide for the holidays would be very valuable.