Deadpool pulls in 135 million opening week

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
deadpool-tickets-166826.jpg

A comic book movie rated R released on Valentine's weekend is a risk Fox was willing to take, especially after Fantastic Four tanked at the box office several months back. This was a good move on Fox's part as Deadpool is potentially the best comic book movie of the year and definitely a breath of fresh air for the genre. Deadpool pulled in 135 million dollars opening weekend on a 58 million dollar budget. Yup Deadpool is definitely touching himself after making that much money.

A movie that does a good job laughing at itself as well as the genre gave the fans what they wanted. A Deadpool movie done right. So chalk this down as a win for the "Merc with the mouth".

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've never read comics. I had no idea who Dead Pool was, but I just walked out of a packed theater feeling like I easily got my money's worth. It was amazing, easily an 8/10 (9/10 is for Shawshank Redemption, and 10/10 is reserved for a movie not there yet).

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My daughter just got home from seeing it, doesn't like comic book movies, doesn't like super hero movies and said she really liked it because it was a great comedy. I guess they did a good job of attracting people to it who are not comic fans. I thought she was going to hate it, was pleasantly surprised that she enjoyed it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've never been into comics..but i learned about deadpool a few years ago. Instant fan..he's a smart Alec and wreckless. And not all there. Gotta love it.

Saw the movie. And I was hesitant because of the green lantern..but I need to say theybdid an awesome job addressing that..I really like this movie.. Yes it's low brow and dirty rotten humor..but fun and funny

They pulled of a really dirty love story with a funny ending..I recommend it..

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I never heard of deadpool until they started releasing the trailers 8 months ago. The trailers didn't do much for me but I'm sure I'll rent it when it hits Redbox for a buck fifty.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1,, never been into comic book movies. May have to check it out..

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I never heard of deadpool until they started releasing the trailers 8 months ago. The trailers didn't do much for me but I'm sure I'll rent it when it hits Redbox for a buck fifty.
Search the redband trailers. You'll see what you're in for. It's not for everyone but it is a great relief with the flood of comic inspired movies lately. I loved it.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Like many others here, I was never into comics. I have enjoyed the Marvel movies for what they are, but Deadpool actually almost made me think I should get into his comics. That might just be because I'd like to know more about it him.

Great movie though, for sure, if you're not easily offended. I really enjoyed it.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I've never been into comics..but i learned about deadpool a few years ago. Instant fan..he's a smart Alec and wreckless. And not all there. Gotta love it.

Saw the movie. And I was hesitant because of the green lantern..but I need to say theybdid an awesome job addressing that..I really like this movie.. Yes it's low brow and dirty rotten humor..but fun and funny

They pulled of a really dirty love story with a funny ending..I recommend it..
I love how they made fun of that in the movie... TWICE!

This is probably my favorite movie of 2016 so far and it's going to be a tough spot to replace. I was a Deadpool fan before the movie and hearing Reynolds was doing the role made me hesitant too. However, he basically shut me up right after they rolled the starting credits. It is everything out of Deadpool I wanted in a movie: offensive, breaking the 4th wall, over-the-top action sequences, and references... Tons of references especially the after-credit scene. I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a long time.

The movie is also adaptable in my opinion. It has something for everyone. Nerds, fan girls of Ryan Reynolds, rated-R comedies, pop culture buffs....

I need to stop talking about this movie now lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I love how they made fun of that in the movie... TWICE!

This is probably my favorite movie of 2016 so far and it's going to be a tough spot to replace. I was a Deadpool fan before the movie and hearing Reynolds was doing the role made me hesitant too. However, he basically shut me up right after they rolled the starting credits. It is everything out of Deadpool I wanted in a movie: offensive, breaking the 4th wall, over-the-top action sequences, and references... Tons of references especially the after-credit scene. I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a long time.

The movie is also adaptable in my opinion. It has something for everyone. Nerds, fan girls of Ryan Reynolds, rated-R comedies, pop culture buffs....

I need to stop talking about this movie now lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
His voice overs (Ryan Reynolds) actually helped sell (deadpool)..and the losing his looks.lol..bottle it up in the meantime..