Dead then Alive after only 9 Days - What to do?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by StevenC150, Dec 21, 2011.

1. StevenC150

StevenC150 New Member

Hey guys. New to this Forum but not the format. I'm a Mod on a Buell Forum so no stranger to forums, just this one. Anyways, like the title says - 9 day old Bionic died while I was playing Angry Birds of all things. Had it plugged into the computer charging a -15% battery while playing when screen went black and non-responsive. Noticed at the time it was pretty Hot on the back cover too. So anyway, tried a battery pull...nothing. Then tried the Hard reset for 30 seconds using Down volume & Power....nothing. Then Up & Down volume & Power....nothing so gave up and set it down....one minute later voila it comes on by itself and appears to be fine now.

My Dilemma - Was it a sign that I should take back and exchange for another Bionic for $35 (restocking fee).
    Should I just keep it and let it rest next time it seems to get that hot?
    Or should I pay the boot ($100 more) and bump up to a Razr. (I just hate that it has to be sent in when it's time for battery replacement.)

What would you do?
  2. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

I'm of the mindset that once does not a trend set. Sounds like it may have overheated a bit and possibly a thermal protection event may have taken place. I could see charging along with a GPU/CPU intensive game like AB causing an overheat scenario -- especially if data and/or GPS was enabled, as well. Since it appears to be behaving properly at this point, I would just sit pat and keep the Bionic.
  3. Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep New Member

Had the same thing happen a week or so after I got mine. Hasn't done it since. You should be fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. StevenC150

StevenC150 New Member

Just an update, ended up trading the Bionic for the Razr. Main reason being it kept dropping the 3G in my area while the wife's Stratosphere held everytime like a rock. Problem solved with the Razr so far. Had it not been for that I was happy with the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

dead for days then alive