Dead Pixels

2011 WRX

Reaction score
Hello all. Just got my DX after being a Storm (1&2) user for a few years. Just one question. About 5 days in to enjoying my DX, I got a green dead pixel. I tried all the remedies, apps, etc. to fix it, but it wasn't stuck. It was just dead. Is this a common problem with the DX? I had adjusted my screen brightness all the way down in order to save battery life. Could this have been a contributing factor? To VZW's credit, they exchanged the phone for me. Thanks.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nope brightness change shouldn't do that, you just got a bad pixel.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I havent seen any problems like that, screen brightness has nothing to do with it, it's simply a defective component.

Glad VZW sorted it out for you.

OP
2011 WRX

2011 WRX

Reaction score
You guys act fast! :) Ok, thanks for the info. Whenever something goes wrong, I tend to blame it on myself!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pixels dont just die after 5 days -- I have laptop screens that are 10 years old that still work just fine. No worries.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I have one dead pixel. Normally, that would drive me up a wall, but luckily its on the very edge of the screen and I only see it when the screen is all black.

Anywho, LCD screens get dead pixels from time to time. Its a fact of technology.

OP
2011 WRX

2011 WRX

Reaction score
I have one dead pixel. Normally, that would drive me up a wall, but luckily its on the very edge of the screen and I only see it when the screen is all black.

Anywho, LCD screens get dead pixels from time to time. Its a fact of technology.

Mine is toward the middle of the screen. It's driving me insane. Can't wait for my replacement to arrive.

r3dlined

Reaction score
No one had any issues getting a replacement? I have a scratch on my screen I am worried about that attributing that to my dead (green) pixel (even though the scratch is on the opposite end of the screen.

OP
2011 WRX

2011 WRX

Reaction score
No one had any issues getting a replacement? I have a scratch on my screen I am worried about that attributing that to my dead (green) pixel (even though the scratch is on the opposite end of the screen.

I had no trouble. I called Verizon and they overnighted me a new phone. I'm used to this process. Ask me how I know... (Thanks BB Storm)

r3dlined

Reaction score

I had no trouble. I called Verizon and they overnighted me a new phone. I'm used to this process. Ask me how I know... (Thanks BB Storm)

I talked to them on the phone and they suggested I take it to a store. He warned me they could charge my account full retail for the phone if they discover anything (like phone being pressured on the screen). While I don't think this is the case I am going to try and walk into a store with it. Im just worry the scratch on the screen is going to stop me from getting a replacement.