Dead Pixel?

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed any dead pixels on their screen? I can only notice mine really when the screen is all black on bootup and in any apps where it is black around the dead pixel. Mine is on the bottom of my screen a few millimeters above the Home touch key and instead of black it is a bluish white color. I can't really notice it when the screen has color around it.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Warranty replacement time.

Pixels should not be dead -- nor should they die less than 3 months into product ownership.

OP
P

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Warranty replacement time.

Pixels should not be dead -- nor should they die less than 3 months into product ownership.

I actually got my first phone around August 19th. I turned it in for a new one on September 10th because the first one had a sort of loose hinge. So I really have only had this one a month! What does warranty replacement entail doing? I've never done anything but an insurance replacement.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can do it however you want, but the easiet for me is to walk into a Verizon store, show them what's messed up, and let them take it from there.

You may get a refurb, but accept nothing less than a factory quality phone. The screen on your device should last well after your 1-year manufacturer warranty.

OP
P

plutonium0587

Reaction score
You can do it however you want, but the easiet for me is to walk into a Verizon store, show them what's messed up, and let them take it from there.

You may get a refurb, but accept nothing less than a factory quality phone. The screen on your device should last well after your 1-year manufacturer warranty.

That is the only thing that bothers me, getting a refurb... I've had bad luck in the past with them and so has just about everyone else that I know who has done an insurance claim or whatever and got a refurb. There really is no way to tell as far as I know until it starts screwing up... I'm wondering if I should just live with it and monitor it to make sure it doesn't get worse. Like I said though, I can virtually never tell unless the screen is all black and even then you have to look for it. What to do, what to do... Can you demand a brand new phone and not a refurb?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you demand a brand new phone and not a refurb?

You cant demand a thing. You can, however, deal with the headache of crappy refurbw (if that's what you get) and eventually they will knucke under and give you a new phone.

The trick is to be very nice to whoever you're talking to. I went through 1 crappy refurb D1, and was offered a NIB D2. It's sort of a luck game, but if you really keep getting screwed, they will eventually solve your problem.

loftus

Reaction score
I have a pixel that went red after two hours on my droid x. then it fixed itself for two weeks now its blue. is there anyway to fix it other than trading it in for another phone? Will it get worse? it doesn't bother me but i worry about the screen going out?