Dead pixel on my phone. How common is this?

GSdub510

Reaction score
I have had my phone for a little over a week and noticed a small, dead blue pixel. It can be pretty distracting when there's a gray or black background and when viewing videos.

I got the $8 a month insurance and I know you can return the device within the first two weeks. But would I get a new phone or a refurbished one? And if this is common, is it even worth going to Verizon over this?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is common. First 14 days is a New phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There are apps that can sometimes fix a stuck pixel. Just do a search in the play store for pixel fix. And as said before, within 14 days, you get a new phone. And its not very common :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
I have tried apps but none have worked thus far. I wonder if a dead pixel is a good enough reason for Verizon to give you a new phone though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Verizon will definitely hand you a new phone for a bad pixel.

So definitely go get it swapped

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
I looked at the receipt and there's a $30 stocking fee. As if the $30 upgrade fee wasn't enough -___- will Verizon just give me a new phone though or mail it to me? They had to mail me a new Fascinate last year and that took about a week.. i'll need my phone this weekend

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Go to the store. New phone. No Fee unless you are switching make/model phone.

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
My girl thinks I have OCD now lol... it's extremely small and in broad daylight or a well lit room you can't see it... only in the dark with a gray or black background. Think I might live with it and from the scope of it, doesn't look like Verizon would give me a new Maxx because they probably wouldn't see it unless I put their face a couple inches close to the screen lol

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your decision (obviously) BUT, that is a $600 piece of equipment. I don't think Motorola, Verizon, or You would want it defective from week one.
People abuse the return policy - this is not IMO.

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
If it gets worse or more distracting I'll definitely take it in, I have until the 6th. Good to know I had the assurance of getting a new one though. Thanks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Go to the store. New phone. No Fee unless you are switching make/model phone.

Your decision (obviously) BUT, that is a $600 piece of equipment. I don't think Motorola, Verizon, or You would want it defective from week one.
People abuse the return policy - this is not IMO.

100% agree!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would definitely take it in. For a 600$ device, it had better work right, and a dead pixel doesn't qualify as working right in my book :D

Sparkimus

Reaction score
I have a stuck green pixel on mine as well. It took me a week to notice it so I'm not too concerned about it. It bothers the heck out of me but other than that my RAZR has been excellent, so I don't feel like playing roulette with CLNR's that may have worse issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have a stuck green pixel on mine as well. It took me a week to notice it so I'm not too concerned about it. It bothers the heck out of me but other than that my RAZR has been excellent, so I don't feel like playing roulette with CLNR's that may have worse issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, CLNRoulette isn't a game I like either