Dead or Stuck pixel?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I have a DX and noticed today a red pixel at the bottom of the screen that only shows up in dark places. Like the settings menu and what not. If the screen is bright (like shades of white/gray) it doesn't show. Other places it's red.

My initial thought was it was a dead pixel, but searing around other users said it was stuck. That sometimes you can get it unstuck.

Is that true? Or is the only way to fix it replacing it?

csimo

Reaction score
I have a DX and noticed today a red pixel at the bottom of the screen that only shows up in dark places. Like the settings menu and what not. If the screen is bright (like shades of white/gray) it doesn't show. Other places it's red.

My initial thought was it was a dead pixel, but searing around other users said it was stuck. That sometimes you can get it unstuck.

Is that true? Or is the only way to fix it replacing it?

I have a stuck pixel on my X as well. There are a couple of apps that are supposed to help fix them. Pixelfixer is one, can't remember the other. Neither helped for me, but maybe you'll have better luck.

You might have luck with Verizon replacing it. The 'official' Motorola policy is that you must have at least four dead or stuck pixels for warranty replacement, but Verizon is sometimes more willing to help. I don't want a 'certified like new' replacement so I'll put up with my green stuck pixel. It really doesn't bother me except on a complete black screen.