1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dead or Stuck pixel?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by tjk629, May 26, 2011.

1. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I have a DX and noticed today a red pixel at the bottom of the screen that only shows up in dark places. Like the settings menu and what not. If the screen is bright (like shades of white/gray) it doesn't show. Other places it's red.

My initial thought was it was a dead pixel, but searing around other users said it was stuck. That sometimes you can get it unstuck.

Is that true? Or is the only way to fix it replacing it?
  2. csimo

csimo New Member

I have a stuck pixel on my X as well. There are a couple of apps that are supposed to help fix them. Pixelfixer is one, can't remember the other. Neither helped for me, but maybe you'll have better luck.

You might have luck with Verizon replacing it. The 'official' Motorola policy is that you must have at least four dead or stuck pixels for warranty replacement, but Verizon is sometimes more willing to help. I don't want a 'certified like new' replacement so I'll put up with my green stuck pixel. It really doesn't bother me except on a complete black screen.
Search tags for this page

atrix 2 dead pixels

atrix 2 fix frozen pixels

atrix 2 stuck pixels

dead gray pixel

dead pixels atrix 2

dead pixels in motorola atrix 2
dead pixels on droid 2

dead pixels on motorola atrix 2

fixing dead pixels in atrix 2
galaxy s4 stuck blue pixel
how to fix dead pixel patch on atrix 2