Dead droid

baldy54

Reaction score
The last few days a few times a day i pull out my phone push button nothing will work black screen sometimes it turns on but frozen no choice but to remove battery and reboot... anyone know a fix?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

baldy54

Reaction score
I will go with that thank you. But I have to wait as i havn't been able to sync my contacts with any program so far. trying to sync with gmail but contacts must be in wrong format because they refuse to sync. THANKS AGAIN I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP! my first droid so quite confused. :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to do a factory reset. What you are doing with the battery removal is the recommended way. From page 53 of the Bionic Manual:

Crash recovery
In the unlikely event that your smartphone stops
responding to touches and key presses, try a quick
reset. Remove the back cover and battery (“Assemble &
charge” on page 3), then replace and switch your
smartphone on as usual.

And before you ask, on page 55 of the Razr Manual it says to hold the power button and lower volume button for 10 seconds.

Last edited:
OP
B

baldy54

Reaction score
Many thanks this is my first droid and when I didn't get a manual with my new phone i thought they did away with them i was using tips up till now did search online downloaded manual...going to read now! many thanks!:hail:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Many thanks this is my first droid and when I didn't get a manual with my new phone i thought they did away with them i was using tips up till now did search online downloaded manual...going to read now! many thanks!:hail:

You are most welcome. :)

Whttp://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/01/download-motorola-droid-bionic-user-guide/hen I downloaded the manual (like you did), I put it on my Bionic as well as my computer. There are several PDF reader apps available and even the light version of Quick Office (which came with the phone) can read it.

bbtkd

Reaction score
The last few days a few times a day i pull out my phone push button nothing will work black screen sometimes it turns on but frozen no choice but to remove battery and reboot... anyone know a fix?

Sounds like the Black Screen of Death, which generally indicates a crash but the recent update should reduce them. Factory reset is not needed as someone else already noted.

OP
B

baldy54

Reaction score
My phone says it's fully updated no new updates available....but clips on back of phone almost wore off. Six battery pulls since Ten last night! But I must reiterate, I LOVE THIS PHONE!

bbtkd

Reaction score
My phone says it's fully updated no new updates available....but clips on back of phone almost wore off. Six battery pulls since Ten last night! But I must reiterate, I LOVE THIS PHONE!

OK, three possibilities that I can think of;

1. Bent contacts on the battery or phone (my son recently dropped his Bionic and it started turning off regularly - found bent contacts on the battery)
  2. Misbehaving app is aggravating a system problem and crashing the phone (remove any apps you've added or updated recently)
  3. Bad phone

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, three possibilities that I can think of;

2. Misbehaving app is aggravating a system problem and crashing the phone (remove any apps you've added or updated recently)

Yes, this is where a Factory Reset might solve it. If when you were re-installing your apps you accidently omitted the app that was causing the problem, you'd have less Black Screen of Death.

But of course that involves a bit of serendipity. Like bbtkd suggested, try removing new apps one at a time and see if it's better.

Last edited:
OP
B

baldy54

Reaction score
Haven't dropped phone YET... but removing downloaded apps love beautiful widgets is there a way to put back in if it wasn't problem without repurchase?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once bought from the Android Market you don't have to re-purchase. It'll give you the option to install.

Don't know if gotten via Amazon.

Last edited:
OP
B

baldy54

Reaction score
Great thanks will see if this works

OP
B

baldy54

Reaction score
Thank you for the help no black screen of death since yesterday!
I'm very keyed