Dead by morning

OP
R

recdog

Reaction score
I would not bump charge others swear by it but my experience its a pain in the butt and it kill the life of your battery so I wouldn't do it what is your screen brightness set at?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

very low almost zero
What does your batter image indicate what's using all the power?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
said cell standby n of course screeen is off all night

F

FlyFishinX2

after you do the blockbuster trick and the bump charge post back up so we can see how much of a difference it made.

the only option i get for the blockbuster app is uninstall updates

I don't know where that comes from but I'm sure the Blockbuster App is not the cause.

Blockbuster updates frequently and you will notice a difference in your battery life if you go into the app and shut the updates off

kparks

Reaction score

evereddie

Reaction score
I don't get the issues with the battery life people are having. I did this test in the last day. Took off charger at 10pm last night. Very little use today but a few calls totaling 10 minutes. Checked about 25 messages emails. Did about 5 minutes of web browsing while out to dinner. WIFI on about 90% of the time. Notifications set for 15 minutes. GPS off. Start-up Cleaner used to stop most apps like Pandora Radio from launching. Ya purposefully not using it much but wanted to see what would happen under a controlled non-use period and see if the mysterious battery leakage would happen. At least in this test case I am going on 24 hours since charge and battery is at 50%.

I think it's a know fact that being a power user will for sure wear the battery down. But for the people that say they charged full, went to bed and dead by morning something funny is going on. Must be a whole bunch of stuff running.

Dxun

Reaction score
Battery life improves drastically after a few full cycle charges. It seems to be the case for me anyway. Keep in mind though. Every time you install a new ROM, and wipe data, you will have to start the process all over. Same if you recently factory reset your phone.

Sent from a Bolt of Lightning using DroidForums App

Last edited:

ridobe

Reaction score
Sigh. Same problem as OP.

Here is where I am:
1) rooted
2) screen off profile of 245/245
3) removed blockbuster app
4) wifi 100% at home. (disclaimer: I'm wifi at home but 4g at work. My daily battery use is quite acceptable. It's night time drain that's killing me.)
5) all the usual; 30% brightness, no updates, etc...

Last night I went from 90% to 2% in 7 hours. What I DID find out though was that after I installed CurrentWidget I found out that my phone when idle will not go below 60mA. That is really high. I read in another thread that 26mA is roughly what it should be.

I'm trying as many different things as I can but one at a time in order to trouble shoot. I'm finally down to going to airplane mode. At that point I will be convinced that my phone is using too much amperage.

All I can hope for now is for HTC to hurry the eff up and release the kernel source so I can get me an tweaked UV/OC kernel.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Sigh. Same problem as OP.

Here is where I am:
1) rooted
2) screen off profile of 245/245
3) removed blockbuster app
4) wifi 100% at home. (disclaimer: I'm wifi at home but 4g at work. My daily battery use is quite acceptable. It's night time drain that's killing me.)
5) all the usual; 30% brightness, no updates, etc...

Last night I went from 90% to 2% in 7 hours. What I DID find out though was that after I installed CurrentWidget I found out that my phone when idle will not go below 60mA. That is really high. I read in another thread that 26mA is roughly what it should be.

I'm trying as many different things as I can but one at a time in order to trouble shoot. I'm finally down to going to airplane mode. At that point I will be convinced that my phone is using too much amperage.

All I can hope for now is for HTC to hurry the eff up and release the kernel source so I can get me an tweaked UV/OC kernel.

I am sure you will find the answer. I go all night without using any battery.... None. Or at least that is what it shows.I posted the pictures yesterday and could even take a pic now to show last nights stats including my use this morning.

F

FlyFishinX2

so I unplugged my phone at 8 o'clock last night it is now 910 am I work third shift and have used my phone on and off all night and I'm at 50 percent

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using droid forums app

MrKleen

Reaction score
I just took this picture, last unplugged over 10 hours ago.

(pic taken with DX) :)