Dead by morning

recdog

Reaction score
hey guys is this normal.......i charged TB fully ..unplugged @ midnight......by 1130 am 19% battery off the whole time and no usage / messages nothing flashing....WTF is that normal

MrKleen

Reaction score
No. I'll try to answer as quickly as possible.

Something is wrong that is causing so many issues. Mine goes all night with using little battery. At some point someone will figure out what is going on with some of the phones. There seems to be many people that have issues, and many that don't.

I wish I could offer some sort of help, but I didn't do anything to my phone to make it work as well as it does.... But there has to be something. I can't imagine there are so many phones that are defective.

Hopefully someone will firgure it out soon.

Good Luck!

P.S. I took these pics this morning after I got up. After taking the phone off the charger the night before I only surfed for a little bit then went to bed. It shows that I used pretty much no battery while it sat there overnight doing nothing. (pics taken with de-activated DX)

Last edited:
OP
R

recdog

Reaction score
yea i figured...

i mean i know the battery issues but thats crazy totaly drained while being off,,,,she me be going back still under 14 days

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Mine dropped dramatically as well.. I was on WIFI too.. i did see that a major drain was from cell standby. i wonder if they are doing some kind of maintenance while we are sleeping... i might try this test again tonite but put it in airplane mode.. see if i get that dramatic drain again.

MrKleen

Reaction score
yea i figured...

i mean i know the battery issues but thats crazy totaly drained while being off,,,,she me be going back still under 14 days

I don't know if it will help or not, but take it back to the store and swap it for another. I bet if they get thousands of swaps they will put the effort in to figuring this out!

want a droid

Reaction score
Good luck, your topic is about to get moved.

I had a similar problem and was seeking help from the community and my thread was merged with a different thread with over 600 replies. Your best bet is to seek advice on a different site (unfortunately).

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
R

recdog

Reaction score
im not sure what to do.....im not happy about that though...the phone its self is awesome and most of all fun but i do need somewhat of a battery life

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my battery is fine during the day.. its very easy to obtain 8+ hrs during the day..... i have consistatnly... i bet there is some kind of maint. at nite affecting the phones radio.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
Did you all turn the blockbuster setting off??

The battery on my tbolt has been fine.

kparks

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is I read that it might be the 4G but I have had steady 4G sence I got the phone and the battery seems pretty good I got it yesterday and I'm a pretty heavy user myself and yesterday I played with it all day and was pretty surprised about the battery the only thing I changed was the screen brightness down to 35 percent but today will be the real test but so far its getting comparable battery life to any other stock Android if you ask me.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yea i figured...

I don't know if it will help or not, but take it back to the store and swap it for another. I bet if they get thousands of swaps they will put the effort in to figuring this out!
They will figure it out eventually but not on the TB. Everyone has to remember this is a whole new technology both hardware and network. This is part of being first up to bat.

Eventually as they work more and more with LTE and emerging technology/hardware the better everything will become. This is part of being early adopters.

Truthfully I wouldn't expect them to get everything (network and hardware) up to par until mid 2012.

It's a hardware AND network problem right now. This is to be expected.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
I don't have the app installed anymore so i'm doing this from memory;

1. Open the blockbuster app
2. Hit the menu button,
3. Maybe 5th or 6th menu should say something about checking for update, or atleast something like that. Once you press on that, it should no longer update.

This should help your battery out quite a bit.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck, your topic is about to get moved.

I had a similar problem and was seeking help from the community and my thread was merged with a different thread with over 600 replies. Your best bet is to seek advice on a different site (unfortunately).

huh lol whats that? srry first droid here

I don't have the app installed anymore so i'm doing this from memory;

1. Open the blockbuster app
2. Hit the menu button,
3. Maybe 5th or 6th menu should say something about checking for update, or atleast something like that. Once you press on that, it should no longer update.

This should help your battery out quite a bit.

want a droid, look at what happened from the time you made your quote. Now we have basically another battery issues thread. And CK's comment sums it up.

kparks

Reaction score

huh lol whats that? srry first droid here
There is no way there are this many defective phones
There has to be something sum one did I also told the girl all I want to sync is my gmail my only complaint is call quality sounds a little weird and they speakers being dolby there only slightly better than other phones not as loud as I expected but it depends on what your listening to