DC Metro Area - GPA16 - 3g Data Loss

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by sbenson, Aug 19, 2011.

1. sbenson

sbenson New Member

Is there anyone here running GPA16 (or another gingerbread rom) that lives and metro commutes within the DC Metro area? If so, are you still experiencing the long standing 3g loss bug? I know this has been claimed over and over to be fixed, but it is not - in my experience anyway. It's especially bad when commuting on the metro where loss of service is the norm. When on any froyo rom, my phone is unaffected by this issue. I've been rocking bugless for a while because I got sick of toggling airplane mode. I suddenly got the itch for some gingerbread again, but was disappointed that this issue is still present in GPA.

If anyone living in my area has found a GINGERBREAD rom that is unaffected by this, please let me know and I will give it a try.

Thanks in advance!
  2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime New Member

The original issue was loss of data after a call; what you are describing appears to be different, losing data due to loss of service, and then not recovering properly when back in service. Is that correct?
  3. sbenson

sbenson New Member

Yeah, correct. I was never affected by the loss after call, only after loss of service. It's been this way on every gingerbread rom I've tried.
  4. woofersus

woofersus New Member

The only 3G issue I've had is sometimes when I lose service it seems to not come back until I reboot. Not sure if that's really the same thing though. Gpa16 is the first gingerbread rom I've tried and it didn't seem to happen on Froyo. It's not a huge deal though since I don't lose service very often.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. bengalvfan

bengalvfan New Member

I am currently visiting New York City and have this very same problem on my original droid running GPA16 and then updated to GPA17 when exiting the subways here. When I get on the subway I lose my 3g connection (expected) but when I exit my 3g never reconnects until I reboot my phone. Can anyone help us?
  6. sbenson

sbenson New Member

Yeah, this sucks and always has. I've had this issue since gb roms started rolling out for the og droid back in January. At first, it was 3g loss after a call, then expanded to anytime I lost service. I'm thinking development for the og droid is coming to a close pretty soon. My hope was that with all the official releases of gb rolling out to other verizon 3g devices, that one of the devs would be able to pull something out that fixes this permanently. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any devs that live in areas that are affected by this behavior, so why would they care to dig into an issue like this on a dying device? I've settled on Pete's bugless to hold me over until the Prime.

Actually, I shouldn't say I settled, Bugless kicks arse!