DBA Cases is a Supporting Vendor!

Discussion in 'DBA Cases' started by DougDroid, Aug 22, 2012.

1. DougDroid

DougDroid Member

DroidForums.net would like to welcome DBA Cases as our newest Supporting Vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their website at the following URL:

DBA Cases - DBA Cases
  2. wicked

wicked DF Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome and thank you for the support! :welcome:
  3. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Welcome aboard DBA!

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  4. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Awesome, welcome!
  5. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Thanks for the support DBA!! Much appreciated!!

"Don't Panic!"
    Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7
  6. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Hey all,

Many of you know me from the Droid forums when I had my Original Droid. I currently have a Galaxy Nexus (I like the S3 however $750 is not worth the small upgrade).

I sold Mesh Combo Galaxy Nexus cases on Amazon over the last few months and decided that I wanted to develop my own line. One of the things I learned when selling the Mesh cases is that people wanted to buy the Mesh alone to switch colors. Since all of the cases were packaged with black silicone and since I ordered them from an existing Chinese company I could not provide that service. I had many people buy two or three just to get the various colors.

I also wanted to make higher end cases using materials in a unique way. I researched for months what the best materials were for the cases and the best coatings were.

The Ultra is a two piece case - the inside piece is TPU - not Silicone. I found that Silicon is too loose, ugly, and isn't as protective as TPU. The outside piece would be Polycarbonate (PC), however I wanted something durable that would bend - not crack when dropped.

The Polycarbonate we use in all of our cases is a unique mix that allows it to flex and at the same time be of a more durable quality than what people normally use. The TPU actually was the hard part. No one had ever asked to substitute TPU instead of Silicone. It's taken multiple failed factories and mold adjustments to get the TPU to fit properly on the phone and have the PC to fit into the TPU.

As you know most triple protection cases are big and bulky containing Silicone, PC and TPU on the edges. What I've done with the Ultra is give the same protection in a much thinner lighter case. In fact the Ultra weighs about an ounce.

Choice was also important. You will be able to buy the PC or the TPU separately and make your own color scheme.

You can read much more about it at my site.

I also have a minimal case I made called the Thin Grip. You can compare it to the Ringke Slim, The Feather, and other very lightweight cases. However I use that unique blend of polycarbonate and I use three special coatings to make it look and feel fantastic. I also had it designed to compliment your phone rather than cover it.

I have pictures of both cases on my site right now.

Everything I make has to be of the highest quality and designed intelligently.

The cases are currently in production and will be available in the next 10 days. The Ultra will have 35 different possible color combinations to choose from.

Lastly I have started my own screen protector brand called Just Like Glass (tm). I use a manufacturer in the US and have the ability to cut them in any way I like. This manufacturer has created what I would want in a screen protector - I want it to feel like glass - not plastic. In fact we got it to feel 20% smoother than the glass. I wanted it totally clear - and it's as close as you can get. It eats Zagg protectors for breakfast. It's a wet application protector but it's easier to install than the dry ones.

Personally I never met a screen protector I didn't hate. I have hundreds of samples from all over the world sitting here collecting dust. I had just about given up when I found this. I've had it on my GN for over a month and it's terrific. No orange peel, feels great, clarity is outstanding etc...

I've got them for sale right now at DBA Cases. In fact I had the S3 one tested by someone in this forum to make sure it was excellent and he loves it.

It does NOT cover the entire screen. Like my Nexus, curved screens don't play nice with screen protectors. I did make it big enough to fit the screen, but the edges would peel up and not only didn't it look good but it was irritating. So we cut it to fit the display and so far people are very happy with it.

That's it for now. Feel free to ask questions!

Scott
  7. Str8Aro

Str8Aro Member

I am glad to see you get your dream off the ground. From our previous posts, I know that you have spent a lot of time with this project. I hope to see some GN cases soon.

Re: Just Like Glass - Will you have one for the SGN? Will or can it cover the FFC and Prox Sensor? The surface just above them is flat until the curve.

Wishing you the best!
  8. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Depressingly I won't be doing Galaxy Nexus cases. The cost of just making a mold for them would exceed any potential revenue at this point. I have fantastic S III cases on the way and I'm irritated I can't put them on my GN! I'll have to carry an S3 dummy phone to show them to people.

As far as Just Like Glass I will have them available on my site by next week.

I had them re-cut a few times until I was satisfied - The screen protector starts immediately under the speaker at the top and goes down to just above the bottom. The sides are cut as close as I could get without getting orange peel.

I've had the re-cut one on my phone for a few weeks and I love it.

I may have to order more based on some demand I've been reading but I can get them very fast since they are made in the US.

9. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

10. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

11. carguy

carguy New Member

Welcome! Any plans to protect Motorola devices soon?
  12. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

We can offer screen protectors for just about any newer Motorola device. I just need people to ask.

As far as cases, I won't manufacture a Motorola case until they stop releasing new versions of the same product every 2 months. I did read that Google was going to stop Motorola from doing this but I need to see it to believe it. I owned a Bionic which was upstaged by the RAZR in a few weeks. And then the RAZR was upstaged by the RAZR MAXX. Now you have the RAZR MAXX HD and one other that just came out.

Every time they do that the shelf life of the phone is two months. Terrible for making cases because of the expense.

However screen protectors can be cut for any device very quickly with little cost.
  13. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

14. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

The Thin Grip's are now in stock! I'll have much better pictures late tonight but they can be ordered anytime!

DBA Cases - Thin Grip
  15. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

We now have high resolution pictures of the Thin Grip. Check them out at DBA Cases - Thin Grip

If you like slim cases you will LOVE these.

Buy a few extra for your friends. :hail:
  16. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

17. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Great looking product!! Fantastic job on these cases A++++++
  18. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Awesome job ima buy my razr maxx hd case from you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  19. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I don't make Motorola Cases - just screen protectors.

Motorola releases a new version of the RAZR every other month - gives case makers no time to sell them before they are outdated.

When Motorola stops doing that then I can make the cases.

But I can make Just Like Glass Screen Protectors for anything - they are very popular.
  20. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Thanks means alot coming from you!

I just took those because I had them on the phones from earlier and everyone wanted to see what they look like.

Check out the cool packaging.
Search tags for this page

dba cases review