Db ids vs list view

guyncothal

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to Android dev but VERY experienced in DB/Web dev...I currently have my app talking to my web server to get a list of data based off a query...like searching for a song...I know how to send it and even how to parse it into an array...but here is where I am a little fuzzy...I am going to have a list of records with 2 fields...for the sake of argument lets call them ID and Name...i know...not too original...BUT...it is basically what I AM doing...the LiewView is going to show a list of names for the records and hide the ids...when a record is selected, I am going to show a menu of what you can do to this record...but this STILL isn't where my issue is...my issue is that once an action is selected, HOW DO I GET THE ID FOR THE RECORD...from everything I have read, the ListView doesn't have a place to store this extra data...unless I am just missing it all together...ALSO...the data is coming in as CSV format...i don't think that will matter...so can some one point me in the right direction???

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums